Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone bought Alluviаl Pаcific drеdge ?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Dmitry
Hello!

Someone can explain to me, how that underwater dredge works?
I do not found photos - dredge's inside.
How to clean up it?

Also Gould bazooka... No photos, no information.
russau
the water pump creates pressure to the venturi and that creats a suction on the nozzel that is at the end of the hose. the material that the hose sucks up ends up goung across the riffels in the sluice box and the other rocks/sand get dropped off the end of the sluice. Keeneeng.com has a picture of this setup.
Dmitry
QUOTE (russau @ May 29 2012, 06:16 AM) *
the water pump creates pressure to the venturi and that creats a suction on the nozzel that is at the end of the hose. the material that the hose sucks up ends up goung across the riffels in the sluice box and the other rocks/sand get dropped off the end of the sluice. Keeneeng.com has a picture of this setup.

I know, I just want to see, what inside of these dredges?
I think it is normal if buyer wants to know maximum information about item.
Isn't it?

At Keeneeng.com I can see everything, with normal pictures and videos, but at bazooкa or Alluviаl Pасific i can't do it.
swizz
Regarding Bazooka.... their sluices operate on a "boil box" system (rather than a riffle system). The system is not exclusive to Bazooka.
Here is a youtube vid where a guy builds and demonstrates a small home-made boil-box sluice. He made it out of clear plexiglass so that you can better understand how this type of sluice processes material. I have never used a Bazooka or boil box system but understand the theory.
Link: Boil-box vid
Dmitry
QUOTE (swizz @ May 29 2012, 08:14 AM) *
Regarding Bazooka.... their sluices operate on a "boil box" system (rather than a riffle system). The system is not exclusive to Bazooka.
Here is a youtube vid where a guy builds and demonstrates a small home-made boil-box sluice. He made it out of clear plexiglass so that you can better understand how this type of sluice processes material. I have never used a Bazooka or boil box system but understand the theory.
Link: Boil-box vid

Thanks for information. I do not saw that technology. Interesting.

Swizz, I asked about Gould bazooka http://www.gouldeng.com/newbaz.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.