Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miller Table
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
rogerpjr
I have been having a devil of a time getting that ultra fine yellow stuff separated from the black sands. I've been reading about Miller tables and they seem to be better and quicker than a blue bowl. I have some excellent material (laminated tops from x-ray tables) that I plan on coating with green chalkboard paint and adding aluminum angle for the sides. I would be using a recirculating system to supply the water and screening the concentrates down to maybe 100 mesh. Anyone have any suggestions on a good width and length to make the table and tips on using it?
russau
ive made several of the Miller tables. my first one was with the blackboard paint and it worked but not as good as i wanted it to. the next was made from a big peice of schoolhouse slate blackboard and it worked even better, but it was to big and heavy for me,so i cut it down to make several of the smaller tables.they are a little small but work just fine for me.the best way to run them is like you stated,with screenings and run each cut seperatly gradually working your way down to the dust.i always add just a little JetDry and Clay Gone to my recirculating system and keep the flow as low as you can and decrease the flow as you do the finer material. and keep that flow as smooth as you can.keep the flow about 1/8 inch deep or less. you only want enough water to clean your screened cons.i used a 750 GPH bilge pump and have a valve on it to controll my flow.a better idea is to use a smaller pump to keep the flow/pressure low!!!and ALWAYS rerun your cons after each run.dont overload material onto your table or itll help lose fine gold. always keep/add your cons wet.dont feed dry cons onto your table. the more consistant you are for all of the above, the better collecting of fine gold itll do! by the way,all my slate is gone!i now bring my Miller table with me!
leonard
Russ is planning on being at Douglas Creek in Wyoming over the 4th of July last I heard. You need to show up there and see his table. You are welcome to join us on my claim there. There is plenty of camping spots. You won't get rich but you will find gold. There's usually quite a group of us there.

Leonard
russau
yep i cant wait to start my voyage to DC! im bringing 2 small Miller tables. 1 is mine that ill use at DC and the other im giveing to Reid Lukens. he told me he was heading out this summer and i told him if your in the St.Louis area, stop on by. but he would be there when ill be at DC so i invited him up ther and ill give this table to him for all hes done for the small scale mining community over the years!i may just pull my trailer up there just so i had ALL of my junk with me!it just depends on the weather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.