Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GIMP 2 Editing Software
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
swizz
This software was recommended to me by a friend who is a professional photographer... and it is nothing short of excellent.
It will do most everything that Adobe Photoshop will do (including conversion of RAW format).... and it's FREE! So... $600 vs $0, it's a no-brainer.
The interface is a little intimidating at first but there are many user tutorials on youtube and the web for it! If you download it, don't be intimidated at first glance, dig into it. I only use a very small fraction of its features and am learning "layers".
Be sure that your OS is compatible. I'm running it on Vista. It downloaded and runs well on this OS.

Anyway, if you're looking for a great FREE editing program this one's a beauty: Gimp Site
amorton
QUOTE (swizz @ May 18 2012, 08:34 AM) *
This software was recommended to me by a friend who is a professional photographer... and it is nothing short of excellent.
It will do most everything that Adobe Photoshop will do (including conversion of RAW format).... and it's FREE! So... $600 vs $0, it's a no-brainer.
The interface is a little intimidating at first but there are many user tutorials on youtube and the web for it! If you download it, don't be intimidated at first glance, dig into it. I only use a very small fraction of its features and am learning "layers".
Be sure that your OS is compatible. I'm running it on Vista. It downloaded and runs well on this OS.

Anyway, if you're looking for a great FREE editing program this one's a beauty: Gimp Site

That's awesome I use to use this program in high school it was originally offered as an extra to many Linux versions so it had to be free to be packaged with Linux. It's great to see they have managed to keep it free and bring it over to other operating systems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.