Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lay flat hose repair ?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
amorton
Just looking for a method for fixing a small cut in my lay flat hose. Last time I went out I got a small cut in it from walking over it and want to patch it before I go out on Thursday.
russau
id just cut it in half and install a camlock coupler. this is a pressure hose and would probly slit open just when you want to use it!plus shorter hose sections a helpfull to use sometimes. this is EZ for me to say because i carry 300 foot of 2 inch hose in my trailer!
CP
Another fix that works well for temp field stuff is to use a short 6-8 inch piece of the same size layflat hose. Remove a coupler from one end then slide the hose piece over as a sleeve to the leaky spot, replace the coupler on the end. Once the layflat hose pressures up with water the sleeve will form a slightly more restrictive size "bandaid" if you will that keeps the leak covered rather well for a temp fix and should barely leak.

Hope that works for you in the field when needed.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.