Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show Us Your Paperweight
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
swizz
Every rock/mineral enthusiast I've ever known has an interesting geological paperweight used in their home or office. wink.gif

I have many... as I'm sure most of us do. Currently I'm using this fossilized Ammonite specimen which was a given to me as a gift many years ago.
In the warmer months I like to have a breeze flowing through... this paperweight keeps my stuff down well and ain't too hard on the eyes.

Alright you rock nerds...
Let's see yours!!

Denise
Beautiful specimen Chris! I like to usually use the large septarian heart Dan gave me but it's packed in a box and I can't find it. sad.gif
Here is another one that I really like to use and also does the job. It's a great dinosaur bone slab that I love to look at. wub.gif Love the fossils!

sadno.gif I can't bring myself to cut it up into pieces to make cabachons. Great thread idea!!

Click to view attachment
swizz
I enlarged your pic for a closer look and WOW... that is a really nice piece! happy088.gif
I wouldn't cut it either.
Denise
Thanks Chris! Here is one I took at one of the shows. Sweet piece of Boulder Opal!! signs021.gif Made a nice business card weight.

I pulled this picture from a past thread. It's small because it was sized to fit the old forum format, so no closer looks...sorry.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.