Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Special Painting
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Prospector's Crafts & Creations
swizz
Hi all, thought I'd share this.
My Mother is into her 80s now. She is a skilled and accomplished artist who has created many great works over the years and I'm arguably her biggest fan. A few weeks ago I sent her a collection of images I took at my mine last year. I asked her to create a piece themed from these pics if/when she had time. I was stunned to receive this in the mail today! She is skilled at several mediums; Batik, Oil, and Water-color primarily. I didn't know what to expect and had forgotten that she also likes to paint on antique saws, canoe paddles, and old skillets.... she really surprised me with this one!

This captures the moment very well and makes me feel like I'm there on a nice summer day.
Lulubear sitting in front of the ole mine cabin where I sleep and hang my hat. Anyone who's been there with me knows this cabin.
The skillet is about 20" diameter. Thanks Mom, I love you so much. wub.gif cloud9.gif
Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thats fantastic Chris!!! She did an amazing job on capturing the claim with Lulubear relaxing! happy.gif
Woody
That sure looks nice. I bet you will have that for a long, long time. It captures the moment just like you said.
CP
WOW! That's spectacular! Your mom does very nice work Swizz. Looks like she was standing out front of the ol' cabin when she painted it.....very nice.
Thanks for sharing, I'll bet that is a piece you'll cherish forever.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.