Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 December sky
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
Denise
The December shows have begun sweet.gif ......It was an amazing Lunar eclipse just before sunrise the other day! Did anyone else catch it? What a beautiful sight to start the day with. happy.gif

Now it's time for the Geminid meteor showers to begin. You can get the full story at this link.
"The 2011 Geminid Meteor Shower"

Stay warm out there enjoying the night sky everyone. It's the best month to watch I think.
happy070.gif
russau
Denise i tried to squint real hard but there were just to many clouds covering the sky!
Denise
We are lucky enough to have clear skies in the evenings, but sure makes for some cold air to be standing out in. emoticon-object-024.gif
What a sweet sight though seeing the lunar eclipse, then last night seeing meteors soaring through the sky.
extra_happy.gif happy.gif

Did anyone see any of the meteors last night and this morning?
leonard
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Dec 15 2011, 09:03 AM) *
We are lucky enough to have clear skies in the evenings, but sure makes for some cold air to be standing out in. emoticon-object-024.gif
What a sweet sight though seeing the lunar eclipse, then last night seeing meteors soaring through the sky.
extra_happy.gif happy.gif

Did anyone see any of the meteors last night and this morning?

Here's one for you. It's not Colorado though. It's Crater Lake in Oregon. The Island is Wizzard Island. The kids and I've hiked down into the crater and then rode in a boat around it. It's a neat trip!.

Click to view attachment

Leonard
Denise
Fantastic picture Leonard, it sure looks like a great place. happy088.gif Thanks for sharing the picture with us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.