Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: source for expanded steel screen
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
amorton
Just looking for a ecent source of expanded steel screen I have yet to find any in the size I want. So where is a good place to try?
russau
try the yellow pages in your town under metal fabrication or www.McNichols.com for online catalog info/ordering
swizz
I have seen different types and sizes on eBay if search words "expanded metal" are used.. but not sure how pricing compares to retail.
Woody
Hi Amorton,

I have a couple different sizes of expanded metal available. Let me know what you are looking for and I can make you a heck of a deal. I can accommodate up to about 6 feet wide/long. I have several sections pre-cut at 2 feet squared. Drop me a line, Woody.
sunspirit
Woody, I would be interested in some small pieces of expanded iron. Got any about 2 ft. by 10 in. ? If so what size slots? How much for a 2' x 2' ?Feel free to contact me off list, Later, Mark
CP
I've seen welding/metal supply shops that carried different types and sizes as well as the woven type metal screen.
If you want to use it for classification purposes then I'd use the woven type because it lets classified material exit or fall off much easier than expanded will.
For sluices you'll want the expanded though because they are punched out in a directional fashion kinda' creating a mini riffle sheet. I've seen folks run woven type in the sluices too and if the lower side can be sealed from water flow/seepage it would perform very nicely I bet.
Woody
QUOTE (sunspirit @ Dec 13 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Woody, I would be interested in some small pieces of expanded iron. Got any about 2 ft. by 10 in. ? If so what size slots? How much for a 2' x 2' ?Feel free to contact me off list, Later, Mark

Hi mark,
I got plenty in the 1/2 inch expanded metal size and can cut it to fit. I could sell you a 2x2 foot section at say... $7 over shipping. I have no idear what the shipping cost would be. But if that sounds interesting let me know. Woody
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.