Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crystal Digging!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
The family and I took a trip to a friend of ours claim.
He has found some great things such as large smokey quartz crystals, Goethite, large fluorites, Amazonite and much more. Most all have come in combos also. Very Nice!!

Here are some pics of Dan and I digging our own hole there. smile.gif
Denise
We got down about 9 feet then we hit hard rock finally. emoticon-misc-004.gif
Denise
It was a little bit more of a tight hole for Dan though. laugh.gif
Denise
The kids sure loved playing in our tailings pile.
Denise
We put in a couple of stairs................. huh.gif ...............but watch out for that last one, it's getting to be a doozie. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Denise
Eventually we will get deeper, and lazy and add a rope like Quentin did in his 18-20 foot (so far) hole. blink.gif Now that steps a doozie!!
We had a great time, and next time we go, I will take more pics. cool.gif
russau
you need to frame those walls before going ANY deeper!
Redpaw
AWESOME.......I want to play in that hole, I can tell that the dirt is so solid that collapse is not possible ( you can't make a smooth wall in the second photo with loose pack )

BUT precaution is always the better part of thinking when your looking at a few tons at minimum above you.

I've got a climbing harness, lets play

Rp
Denise
Cabin fever is setting in! I know im ready to hit the hole. How about you snowdog? wink.gif
Redpaws bringing the harness. biggrin.gif
Snowdog
I'm R_E_A_D_Y, would like to see what's under that rock that's in the bottom. The only thing we need to harness is the rocks to get them out! Then keep on diggin biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Denise
laugh.gif I'll bring the shovels! I was thinking that maybe we could leave that rock in there for a ledge to put all our wonderful finds on before we get them out of the hole. biggrin.gif
We could just start cutting into the left more and start stepping it down again.
smile.gif
Denise
There might even be something like this under our rock. wub.gif
This was one of Quentins last finds.
Denise
hmmmm..... What will they find next?
A huge smokey quartz, some Amazonite, Goethite, or maybe more Fluorites? wub.gif
Quick..... Get me a pick and shovel, the suspense is killing me.
Denise
Here is a pic of what Timmy found the other day.
Thats my boy! wub.gif
russau
what a cool pic of tim!happy as can be!
Denise
This is a pic of what Anita found in her dig spot. biggrin.gif
These are some beautiful fluorites! They refused to be square, they took on a more square tip and round sides look. Guess mother nature was thinking outside the box when these were made.
Purples, blues and even some clear like ice.
Nice score Anita!!
Denise
Here is a pic of the baseball sized one all cleaned up with a few smokeys decorating the matrix. cool.gif
This one was from a few digs ago found by Quentin.
Denise
Another fun day at the digs! biggrin.gif
Coalbunny
huh.gif !?!?!?!?!?

Ohhhhh! That's Dan....ok! For a moment there I though bigfoot had raided your camp! laugh.gif tongue.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif
Carl
russau
carl, your cold!!!!
Denise
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ May 29 2005, 10:05 PM)
For a moment there I though bigfoot had raided your camp!  laugh.gif  tongue.gif  wink.gif  biggrin.gif
Carl

If thats big foot, he can raid my camp anytime!!
biggrin.gif
russau
now now denise!! haha
Denise
hehehe
Ok Russ. happy.gif
Denise
Quentin and Anita migth have their specimens at the Pikes Peak Gem and Mineral show in Colorado Springs on June 17th-19th at 10AM-5PM. I will find out today.
Denise
Here are a few pics of Mike and I working on our hole at the Dreamtime.
Denise
Here is when Mike jumped into the hole to dig some more....
Hes thinking..... huh.gif "Did you want this hole big enough for a person to fit in?"
laugh.gif

Mike is going to get pics of Snowdog and Dan in the new hole they are starting. smile.gif
wyodust
happy.gif always fun being a gopher isnt it, but what i really want to know is................

is that the first time those legs seen sunlight this year? laugh.gif
Denise
Gopher's dont get alot of sun on their legs..... huh.gif

laugh.gif
wyodust
happy.gif i suppose your right
Denise
A little miners yoga anyone?....... biggrin.gif

This is a picture Mike took.
Denise
Here is a pic Mike took of Snowdog in the new dig. smile.gif
jmann
SD is half armadilo and half backhoe. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Joe
wyodust
happy.gif im not even going to ask , which half is which
Denise
We talked to Quentin the other day, and he says the snow and ground is warm enough that he has been out digging already...hehe

cool.gif

Here is a pic of Jason last year on his claim "The Blue On Black", after pulling out a Smokey quartz on Amazonite.....MMMMMMMMMMM...I had great timing with my camera.

Do you have the need to get out and dig as bad as I do?...
wacko.gif
cornwall84
Hi denise, You got plans to get out digging soon.

They sure are pretty rocks

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Denise
Hi Alan. Nothing in the plans as of yet. We have been enjoying being in a gold bearing area again. happy.gif
I cant keep from crystal digging long though... Especially knowing there is a baby blue fluorite just waiting for me to find it.
happy.gif
Denise
Here is a pic of several smokey quartz crystals about 7 feet in the hole.
The one on the right is about the size of a human head.
It doesnt get much better then this.
cool.gif
Denise
Here is a pic of the proud claim owner.....
Nice claim you have there Quentin! wink.gif
cornwall84
wow, thats huge denise. is it in your hole?did you dig it out yet.Wheres the pics

You gotta go over and get digging.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Denise
I wish it was my hole. biggrin.gif
Actually its Quentins hole. Amazing to see how they look in the ground still before they pull them out and get them all cleaned up. Gets the adrenalin flowing thats for sure.
cool.gif
Denise
The jack must be for the mini mucking cart in there.....rats a flat..... laugh.gif
Denise
Check out this nice find! Sweet purple fluorites..... happy.gif
CP
Here are a couple pics of a square faceted smoky quartz from the Dreamtime mine.
Faceting and pic are done by Ed L.
Very nice work Ed! Thanks for sending the pictures out and we can't wait to see the next pieces you work on.

CP
Denise
Fantastic work Ed! cool.gif

Here is a smokey I have been working on for Dans birthday.
Its a little over 2 inches long, and over 1/2 inch thick.
Its not done yet, but so far I have ingraved from the backside (CP),
and have polished it up a bit. Im going to set in gold he has found into the letters.
Think he will like it? I'll post a picture of it when Im done.
There sure are some amazing crystals in Colorado.
happy.gif
Denise
and a pic not so close up. biggrin.gif
Denise
Some amazing things being pulled after the tractor work! Huge combos of all kinds.
happy.gif
jim
man what an adventure. i would have loved to been there.
Denise
Looks like you'll be getting that chance Jim. wink.gif
Its going to be a blast! You are going to love this place!
Denise
Here are a few pics of more things found in the Teller area.

Purple Fluorites on Microcline. This piece is bigger than my hand. happy.gif
Denise
For those of you who like a little blue in your specimen world! wink.gif

Specimens of Amazonite. Some great twins!
Not all the Amazonite found is specimen quality like these....But definately makes great material for making into jewelry. I find small pieces all over the ground.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.