Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: home made indoor micro sluice and Blue bowl
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
amorton
So I spent my weekend building this setup. Ran some material, none was concentrate so i am still not sure just how well it is running. I think I need a magnet for the sluice box should cut down on the sand in the riffiles. Also looking for sugestions on what I should be using for riffils I used carpet and corigated metal on the bottom with some vynal matting up top. The matting works ok but I think I want to try somthing with larger riffils and somthing made of rubber.

Onto the blue bowl, so this is an oil change pan and funnel from walmart with a piece of half inch sprinkler pipe epoxy in the side as an inlet. Thing works like a champ it is really cool to watch everything but the gold dissapear. like size material works much better.

swizz
AWESOME looking home-builds! worthy.gif

Regarding riffle suggestions... I'm not sure what size material that you're running through the micro-sluice, I assume river sluice concentrates.
Regardless the size, you can easily fabricate your own. Coincidentally I was working on A52 modifications today and added 6 riffles to my low-flow system. I basically stole the idea from the original Micro Sluice 1 which I actually own. All you need is a drill, steel rod (or all-thread), and vinyl tubing. Drill a hole through each sidewall of the sluicebox where you would like to install the riffle. Stick the steel rod into the box through one sidewall hole, slip the vinyl tubing over the steel rod (inside of the box), and continue skewering it through the other sidewall hole. Make sure you measure everything properly prior to drilling so that the riffle seats down firmly. The vinyl tubing riffles create a riffle effect that is similar to Clarkson and is a very good passive/capture riffle design (as evidenced by the success of Micro Sluice 1).
I should be finishing my mods soon and I'll post pics also.
Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing the pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.