Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the Beautiful State of Colorado need a starting point
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
Logan Riley
What's up Colorado prospectors?!?!?! My name if Logan Riley I moved here from the east coast I have a huge love for prospecting I am currently stationed at Ft.Carson in El Paso county I reach out to my fellow prospectors for a good starting point for me. I have done alot of research on the Blm website and tons of UTM maps and all the places that I have hiked to and done test pans have resulted in zero finds. I was born and raised on the east coast and I could find placers there by just pointing on a map. It's hard for me to say that it's not that easy for me here I do not like asking for help because I feel like I'll be taking someones "spot" or having someone else do all the work for me but just need some serious help thanks for any information you can give me fellow prospectors..
swizz
Have you checked out any of the CP Club areas yet? Easy pickins. wink.gif
There are 12 areas open to CP Annual Members... and 6 choice locations (plus an independent lease access offer/free to work my placer mine at your leisure) available to Lifetime Members.
... just a suggestion. Membership at either level would give you an excellent starting point.
russau
yep, the CP club would be a hard one to beat if you live close enough to use them. D&D are great people tobe around !
CP
Hi Logan, welcome to Colorado and Colorado Prospector. Make yourself right at home browsing the entire website.

Thanks Swizz and Russ for the recomendations. The CP club is a great choice for anyone looking for these (land status/open) answers and how to find those details. That goes for anyone in the U.S. interested in staking/filing claims in one of the 22 states claims can be filed in. You'll be able to learn about researching the land status and finding the open spots you're looking for to prospect on and repeat those steps when ever you've found another spot of interest to your prospecting.

Post up if you have more questions too, we're all happy to answer any questions we can.

Have fun out there and good luck prospecting. Stay safe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.