Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado Sunrises
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
It was a cold one, but a start to another beautiful day. Hope it warm up some. char060.gif
Have a great day everyone!!

Click to view attachment

swizz
What a coincidence!
I just spent the last 15 minutes having morning coffee and watching the sun rise here, just beautiful this morning... perfect.
I love that shot you took. I can feel the morning nip in the air just looking at it. It's currently 4 degrees here but still 70 indoors... last night's fire did a good job!
Glad you started a sunrise topic, I may have to take a few morning shots since I'm an early bird.
Cool picture! (literally)
Denise
Thanks Chris, I would love to see some of your sunrise pictures....when you get some anyways. laugh.gif

Lovin' the woodstove heat!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
This morning... tequila sunrise?

Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Fantastic pic Chris! I tried to get sunrise pictures this morning, but they didn't turn out as good as I was hoping. The sky here was hot pink! A start to another beautiful day. smile.gif
swizz
Incredible sunrise this morning.

Started out like this

... and evolved into this

not sure which I like better? confused0082[1].gif

(as you can see, we have VERY little snow here)
Denise
Great shots Chris. As beautiful as both of them are, I think I like the first best. happy.gif
swizz
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jan 3 2012, 07:45 AM) *
I think I like the first best. happy.gif

Me too!
It reminds me of blacklight posters from the 70s. candle_smiley.gif
Woody
Nice,

This is my favorite time of the day as it is full of potential. I see rivers of lava and fire in the sky. Thanks for the pic, Woody.
swizz
This morning has good potential looking to the east.
setting up camera now.....
Denise
confused0082[1].gif You trying for a time lapse sunrise? biggrin.gif
swizz
It didn't blossom.
russau
i sure wish we had moved to Colorado when the oppertunity presented itself! i think im stuck in Mo. forever!
Denise
The sky has been so clear here the past few days that the sunrises have pretty boring.......untill today.
Love those clouds!!!

Here is a direct picture of the sun coming up...
Click to view attachment

One looking at the NE.....
Click to view attachment

swizz
Both excellent shots Denise!
I like the second one a lot. That is one heck of a view you have to work with. Very nice. happy.gif

My standard sunrise/sunset shots (like the last two I took) are with Devil's Thumb on the ridge of the divide. I'm very fortunate that all I have do is... set up the tripod in my living room and open the window, then frame and zoom accordingly. Otherwise I'd be outside freezing. There's a program I found on my camera for sunsets and similar light conditions that shoots a slow shutter speed which I've been using lately with a 2 second timer so I don't jerk it. I haven't been using lens filters or post-processing (other than crop & resize). Really fun experimenting with photography. Good inexpensive side hobby.

Keep posting shots of that mountain, it's a beauty!!!
Denise
happy.gif Thanks Chris! It is a great mountain to wake up to. You are very lucky about how you can get your awesome shots. I have to bundle up and venture out into the cold to get the shots I get, no tripod either. I have to take my shot in between the cold trembles. wacko.gif The things we do for love, and I love picture taking. biggrin.gif

I did manage to get a few good sunrise pictures, but I haven't had a chance to crop and tag them yet. I try never to doctor my photos either, just crop and tag with the good old Coloradoprospector.com. groucho.gif I will try to post pictures later when my head catches up with my hands. giggle.gif

Denise
Here are a few more shots of recent sunrises...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I really like this last one! happy.gif
Click to view attachment
Woody
Nice shots Denise,

Every time I look at your and Chris’s pictures I see lots of green. Yep, Green! Green skies, green mountains, green valleys, or maybe it is just me looking through "envoy" colored glasses?

Thanks for the pics, woody.
Denise
(Grabs Woody's "envy" colored glasses and puts them on) cool.gif
This is exactly how I see your weekend outings! I wish we could walk out the door for a short hike and loose track of time (8 hours) like that. biggrin.gif

Here is a really cool sunrise picture from yesterday. The clouds were so thick that you could see the sun through them. I love how the upper cloud was flashing rainbow colors. happy.gif

Click to view attachment
Denise
They call these Nacreous Clouds that have the cool rainbow colors.

Quote from atoptics.co.uk
Nacreous clouds, sometimes called mother-of-pearl clouds, are rare but once seen are never forgotten. They are mostly visible within two hours after sunset or before dawn when they blaze unbelievably bright with vivid and slowly shifting iridescent colours. They are filmy sheets slowly curling and uncurling, stretching and contracting in the semi-dark sky. Compared with dark scudding low altitude clouds that might be present, nacreous clouds stand majestically in almost the same place - an indicator of their great height.

They need the very frigid regions of the lower stratosphere some 15 - 25 km (9 -16 mile) high and well above tropospheric clouds. They are so bright after sunset and before dawn because at those heights they are still sunlit.

They are seen mostly during winter at high latitudes like Scandinavia, Iceland, Alaska and Northern Canada. Sometimes, however, they occur as far south as England. They can be less rare downwind of mountain ranges. Elsewhere their appearance is often associated with severe tropospheric winds and storms.

Nacreous clouds far outshine and have much more vivid colours than ordinary iridescent clouds which are very much poor relations and seen frequently all over the world.

cloud9.gif Google search for some amazing images!
swizz
Great pics again Denise!
I've always referred to that phenomenon as a "Sun Dog" or "Sun Dog Rainbow" and was told at an early age that they are a sign of good luck!
Denise
Thanks Chris! It was good lucky to be able to get that shot and share it with everyone. cloud9.gif
Denise
Good morning sunshine! Rise and shine......... happy.gif

Click to view attachment
Denise
Looking for a sunrise with more color and flare......Today's sunrise has lots!!. happy088.gif

Click to view attachment
russau
i could show some pictures of Missouri smog if youd like but i dont know how to attach pictures to emails and such sooooooooooooo, you lucked out!sure wish i made my move several years back when a oppertunity knocked!
Denise
If you have your photos on your computer and are interested, I could walk you through how to add photos to the forum and e-mails Russ. Just shoot me an e-mail if you want and I can help. happy088.gif I have taught many old dogs new tricks. giggle.gif biggrin.gif poke.gif

Make sure you leave the door wide open just in case opportunity comes again, that way it can just walk right in.
smiley-cool14.gif
swizz
Denise,
I think that is your most stunning sunrise yet! A real beauty. happy088.gif

Russ.... it's high time you start sharing pics!!!!!!!!! You should most definitely take Denise up on her kind offer to help. It is far easier than you would think.
DO IT. char098.gif What are you afraid of?
swizz
I captured this unusual sunrise from the back yard about 15 minutes ago.
It's a chunk of rainbow mixed in with the sunrise looking at Byers Peak to the west.
Denise
Thanks Chris! Thats a fantastic picture you took this morning!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It must be the morning for sunrises as around the same time you were taking that picture....I took this one!

It's going to be a good day, very busy but good!!
happy.gif
russau
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 7 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Denise,
I think that is your most stunning sunrise yet! A real beauty. happy088.gif

Russ.... it's high time you start sharing pics!!!!!!!!! You should most definitely take Denise up on her kind offer to help. It is far easier than you would think.
DO IT. char098.gif What are you afraid of?

Well i guess its better late than never! i finnaly figured out how-2-attach pics to emails.i think all i need todo is write up my post here and hit the icon above for "insert image"?? (or maybe not)hey this internet thing is kinda cool once a person figures it out!:)
Denise
The "insert image" tag is for adding the location (URL) of an image already on the net.

Just below the box you type the replies into you'll see an attatchment editor, that's where you upload pics. First you will click on the browse tab which opens up a box to find the pic file on your computer. Once you've located and choosen the appropriate file, then click the open tab on that box. When the little box closes, you will still need to click on the upload link to actually upload the file into the forum that you've just choosen.
At this point the forum will resize the pic if needed and attatch it to the end of your post when you click add reply. Or you can manually place the pics into the text box and arrange them with descriptions if you wish to add more than one pic per post.

Hope this helps! We would love to see some of your pictures Russ! happy088.gif

russau
Thankyou Denise! ill give it the ole try!
Crusty
Got up early the other morning to capture a sunrise photo with my new toy :)
Denise
You're welcome Russ!

smiley-shocked003.gif Wooooweee Crusty! She sure is pretty, like something right out of a Batman movie... greensmilies-012.gif
swizz
Sweet baby Jesus Crusty... a CTS-V????!!!! worthy.gif
Not sure what options you got but she's gotta be close to 600hp. One of GM's crown jewels for sure and one of the best cars on the planet in my opinion. Congratulations!
Absolutely love the black-out too, just beautiful.
wait.. there's a sunrise in that pic somewhere?
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 21 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Sweet baby Jesus Crusty... a CTS-V????!!!! worthy.gif
Not sure what options you got but she's gotta be close to 600hp. One of GM's crown jewels for sure and one of the best cars on the planet in my opinion. Congratulations!
Absolutely love the black-out too, just beautiful.
wait.. there's a sunrise in that pic somewhere?

I became obsessed with them while deployed and spent everyday from Oct until I got home in Aug searching the web for deals on one. Right before I came home I found this one; 2013, #10 off the assembly line. Was a GM corperate vehicle put in service Apr 12. They put 15k miles on it and then sold it. Sticker, around $76k... I got it for $54k!! and yes, stock it is 556 HP!! Drove it to Buena Vista a few weeks ago and all I have to say is DAMN!!
russau
there must be something about being deployed and cars!!! back in 68/69 RVN i saw the 68/69 Camaro and cut its picture out and hang it on the wall of my houch. when i got out (Aug.1970)of the service for school, i bought a 69 SS396 El Cameno from a insurance pool for $1500.....i had to have it!!it was just one of those things! wish i still had it!
Denise
Here is a cool shadowy sunrise this mornig looking at the Sangre De Cristo mountain range. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I hope everyone has a great day today!! Wooohoo, it's Friday!
dancing_smiley.gif
Crusty
Had an awesome one this morning! Unfortunately I grabbed my phone/camera 2 minutes too late; it was VERY red right before I took this.
russau
thats OK Crusty, as long as thoses red lights werent flashing behind you, or worse yet, comeing from the hillside!:)
swizz
Here are a couple from sunrise at one of my favorite lakes this morning.
20141031_072453_Richtone(HDR) by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

A little later the sun created a grimacing face. Happy Halloween!
2014-10-31_04-52-22 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Denise
cloud9.gif Beautiful pictures Chris!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
Here's a good one from North Park yesterday morning, Never Sumner Range silhouetted.
Sunrise North D by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
Crusty
great char098.gif
aggum1983
Can i join in the Sunrise fun?
swizz
Really nice aggum! char098.gif
fenixsmom
I took this one on my birthday. Sunrise through my front door.
swizz
Cool sunrise perspective and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
It was back in Aug. But thank you!
swizz
This is one a friend took of me a couple of weeks ago on a fishing trip. Kind of 'grainy' since he doesn't have a good camera but still kinda interesting.
Sunrise Backside North D by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.