Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to sell your gold
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Woody
Looking for advice from anyone who knows what they are doing,

I am looking to sell some of my gold. I have tried to ask around to find a reputable source but have had no luck. Is anyone familiar enough with the process to recommend any one place as opposed to another? Also, what is the preferred method? Do the retailers want the gold acid cleaned? Any help would be appreciated, Woody.
swizz
eBay is the easiest and fastest way to get spot
1. Mix specific amount of Gold with dry placer dirt
2. Package product as Gold Concentrate
3. List actual amount of Gold that will be found in package
4. Price package(s) at current spot value
5. It will sell
6. Cash your check and buy me a Honcoop HB17 Trommelbanker for the mine
7. Use HB17 to extract more Gold
8. Repeat steps 1 - 5
Woody
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 6 2011, 06:39 PM) *
5. It will sell
8. Repeat steps 1 - 5

You sir, are a genius!

I might actually try this, well the steps 1 - 5 anyway. Sorry about the banker~
kmontoya911
I have been wondering about this myself.

If you didn't want to sell it as concentrate, to whom would you sell. Would you have to find a smelter? Cash for gold scams? Would or could you melt it down and pour into bars yourself?

I am glad you started this thread woody.
Woody
Mr & Mrs Cp please proof read this and ensure I am not out of bounds.

It looks like the cash for gold scams are the worst. In some cases they don't even give 50% of spot value. I was looking into the Ebay thing. It appears to be one of, if not the best, option. I am still waiting on word from some of the local jewlery venders but from what I have read on line I don't expect much from them either. There is one coin dealer here in the Springs that is frequently being recomended, "Hallenbeck Coins", but I will have to find the time to visit them when they are open as they are not returning my calls. So that brought me to see if anyone on here might be able to suggest a certain place or method.

Here is what I seen on Ebay,
- most of the items that were being sold went for around 80% of spot value or better.
- the ones that list a "buy now" option that was above and beyond the spot value range was not selling.
- the smaller pieces of say around .100g were actually selling for above spot value.

Here is how I determind my method, "please someone let me know if I am off on this".
- there is 31.103 grams per one Troy Oz.
- if todays price for one oz is $1,900 then I divided 31.103 into 1,900 and came up with right at $61. per gram.
- I took the weight of the selling Item and times it by 61.

Example; I see one listed right now. It is a small flake/piece and it weighs .118gr. it is selling currently for 9$. I want to see if it is a good buy or a good
sell. I times .118 by 61 and come up with ..... right at $7.20 so that is a good sell.

Does anybody know what it cost to sell one item on Ebay? That might factor into the cost.

just thinking out loud, Woody.
ASTROBLEME
Gold nuggets can demand prices higher than spot but the tiny grains and flour gold always sell lower. This is because the raw gold is not refined. The price quoted for gold at the various markets is for nearly pure gold (99+ % gold).

Placer gold from Colorado will vary widely in purity. Generally, the smaller the grain size, the higher the gold content. As an example, gold recovered from very close to the lode source at London Mountain can assay at an almost 50% gold along with 50% in silver, copper and other trace metals. Some of the South Park placers, miles downstream from that same lode source, can exceed 80% gold in the fines. Nature tends to leach out the copper and silver as the grain is worn down as it moves downstream.

ASTROBLEME
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 7 2011, 05:09 AM) *
5. It will sell
8. Repeat steps 1 - 5

When I see those things listed, I can't help but shake my head. Who in their right mind would sell concentrate without first checking it themselves? No way you're gonna but a random bag of concentrate and luck up and pull a 1 ounce nugget out of it! Or is it really just to use to practice panning, knowing there will be something in there?
russau
ive found that selling your gold to gold prospecting clubs for their raffels/door prizes,ETC. is a good way to go! like Swizz said selling it as cons is on ebay is another. but i still preferr to sell to clubs/individuals and be done with it.
lostnewb
Woody,
Call 303-582-5041 and ask for Wally. He is a good guy to sell to but likes to buy anything more than and ounce. Gave me a very fair price.
Woody
Thanks, I'll keep him in mind.
goldchef
found a guy to buy raw gold in Arapaho county off of Arapaho about 1 mile east of i 25 last i checked about 50$ bucks a gram will get his info for all. its in a strip mall on north side. its a type of pawn shop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.