Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dredging gloves
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
OkieJon
What are the toughest dreding gloves and where do you get them?
The few times I have dredged I have torn mine up pretty quickly.
Woody
Hi Jon,

I know exactly what you mean. I used to buy the high end gloves but they just can't stand up to the rigors of dredging. I use a 4in and gloves are a must. That sucker will take a finger off if you are not careful. Now I just buy the cheepies from Home Depot. They sell these gloves that have kind of like blue RTV on the palm side and are white knit on top. They sell a bundle of five pr for around 12 dollars. This type of glove is only good for summer use and the dredge will still pinch your fingers if you are not careful but spending 35$ on something that don't last makes me mad. I can throw these away after a few uses and it doesn't hurt too bad. Just my opinion, Woody.
rich on western slope
Try a pair of nitril gloves. These things are pretty tough and give you good dexterity. A lot of flyfishermen use them. If the water is cold wear a pair over your neopren gloves.
russau
QUOTE (rich on western slope @ Jul 7 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Try a pair of nitril gloves. These things are pretty tough and give you good dexterity. A lot of flyfishermen use them. If the water is cold wear a pair over your neopren gloves.

or if its really cold water buy a larger pair of gloves and put them over a pair of brown cottom gloves to keep it a little warmer. i keep a bucket of different gloves in my trailer for this purpose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.