Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good spot to go...
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
kino223
Easy question. Where should I go? Preferably a spot for dredging and sluicing. A place with no claims and a lot of acres on NF or BLM land. emoticon-object-018.gif
swizz
Hi kino and welcome to CP.
That's actually not an "easy question" given the current river conditions that the state is experiencing. Runoff is epic and impossible to dredge in my region of the mountains right now. You might be able to find a place to work a hand sluice or shovel into a banker, but that's about it until mother nature says so.
You didn't indicate your location or how far you're willing to travel... which may help us answer your question better.

QUOTE (kino223 @ Jun 7 2011, 07:44 PM) *
A place with no claims and a lot of acres on NF or BLM land. emoticon-object-018.gif

Yes, this is what we all want my friend. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Seek and ye shall find.
It's out there... this site is a great place to learn how to locate and legally confirm locations for your prospecting pleasure.
Personally, I enjoy the research. happy088.gif research.gif
kino223
Well I am willing to go anywhere. Got a 4x4 diesel Jeep Liberty with a better trail rating than a wrangler. Have plenty of gear. Am an eagle scout and have been camping all my life, just hoping to try my luck while I am in Colorado. Thanks for the response there, swizz.
swizz
Where are you located?
kino223
Las Vegas. I am planning to be in Colorado in a month or so. Anywhere in CO. emoticon-object-009.gif
russau
id start now studing/printing the laws for Colorado so youll know what/where you can do your thing! also look up current claims locations so you wont tresspass on a valid mining claim and ruin your trip!
Denise
QUOTE (kino223 @ Jun 7 2011, 07:44 PM) *
Easy question. Where should I go? Preferably a spot for dredging and sluicing. A place with no claims and a lot of acres on NF or BLM land. emoticon-object-018.gif

Hello Kino, and welcome to the CP club and forums. smileywaving.gif Since your a new member to the CP club, you can login to the club members researched areas page at ths link.
http://coloradoprospector.com/members/

There are some great areas I think you will enjoy! I hope this info helps some.
Have fun out there and stay safe. happy088.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.