Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: keene A52 wanted
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
kmontoya911
I was wondering if anyone here has made the leap to a dredge or high banker, and no longer wants their Keene A52 sluice. If so,I would be willing to take it off your hands for cash of course.

I figure I would try here first before buying new.

Thanks,
Ken

kmontoya911@gmail.com or PM will work
russau
why buy when they are so EZ to make??
h20prospector
QUOTE (russau @ May 10 2011, 06:57 AM) *
why buy when they are so EZ to make??

Russ,

Doesn't making a sluice require a brake and welding? Not all of us have these items at our disposal, & not all of us possess the skills required to do this sort of stuff. mellow.gif

Pat
swizz
QUOTE (h20prospector @ May 10 2011, 09:14 AM) *
Russ,

Doesn't making a sluice require a brake and welding? Not all of us have these items at our disposal, & not all of us possess the skills required to do this sort of stuff. mellow.gif

Pat

I agree.
No way I could build an A52 up here with the available resources for under $100. By the time I order sheet aluminum, riffle metal, hire shop that has a brake bender (roofing company up here), find and pay a welder to cut and weld every riffle bar piece, purchase and fit matting and V-Mat, purchase clip-fasteners.... I'm over budget (not to mention my time).
Sometime it's worth it just to buy the thing if you're not a fabricator with your own shop.
kmontoya911
I couldn't agree with the above more. I do wish I possessed the skills, knowledge and tools necessary to build one myself. However, since I don't, I will have to buy one.

It looks like brand new they're about $150 with shipping. I have been watching craigslist and ebay for a used one.

Wish me luck.
marntson
Theres one in commerce city for sale. appears to be an A51 though. $80 bucks good deal
kmontoya911
Where did you see that? I have been on craigslist daily and havn't seen it. That would also sve me some shipping, yea.
swizz
QUOTE (kmontoya911 @ May 11 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Where did you see that? I have been on craigslist daily and havn't seen it. That would also sve me some shipping, yea.

I agree, it looks like an A51 but not a bad deal. The A51 is good from what I understand... similar to A52.
Link: Craigslist Sluices
kmontoya911
Thanks for the link swizz, I was limiting my search to sporting only. I will have to remember to widen my search next time. Looks like a good deal.

Thanks again.
russau
yep if you dont have the ability or the material to make it yourself then buying is your only viable option. but wheres theres a will, theres a way!
kmontoya911
Score!

Thank you, gentlemen. I just got home with that sluice box from Commerce City. It is the Keene A52. I just have to put the black mat and miners moss in it, and I'm ready to go. Just in time for spring run off. Isn't that just my luck.

Any way, I can't wait to get out there and play.

Thank you again for all the help.
traddoerr
Glad to see you were able to get that sluice, I bought the A52 a few weeks ago from Gold N Detectors in golden.

We still have another week or two before the creeks get going real good, I know of a place to go if your interested. I'm new to this as well and can use all the practice I can get and my son has been wanting to get out as well, send me a PM if interested and you live in the denver area.

Dennis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.