Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP's Chatroom
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Denise
We have just added a new chat room.
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/chat.html
This is a great place to meet new people from all over the world, or maybe even in your own neighborhood. B)
We thought the more places to communicate the better! Let us know what you think.
If were not in there, then we are out planning for the rally. ;) :D

WOOOHOOOO! It's June! Almost time for a rally. B) wub.gif
Redpaw
I'll try to make it a point to drop in around 9:00 pacific, if there is a better time to BS then let me know...

see you in chat, ya minerats.... :D laugh.gif :D laugh.gif
russau
the new chat room is pretty neat!
CP
TY Russ. :D
We are glad that everyone likes it. The chat board is a little different than some but very user friendly and can evolve as needed in the future. There are some very cool customization tools you can use on your chat browser like choosing colors for the text and window, sounds for differents things, and faces like the forum has.

Yesterday we added a registration button which will allow you to protect your username for the chat with a password.
You can still come in without registering but if you would like to reserve your user name then just take a few minutes and go through the registration.
The chat will send you an email to activate the account and after you respond you will receive a second email with a generated password.
Then you can sign in with the generated password and click the update password to change it. The database should update your info every 5 minutes or so.
Once you have completed the registration then no one else can use your name, if you or someone else comes in without the password the system will tattoo your name with a number on the end.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

So far the most active times seem to be from about 6-8 am and 5-9 pm mountain time.
Sorry Redpaw, stopped in a little after 10 my time last night. Must have just missed ya... :(

Well everyone make yourselves at home in the chat and we'll see ya in there real soon. :D :D

CP
Denise
There have been some GREAT people coming into the CP chat room lately, talking about some very interesting and educational topics. B) wub.gif

It seem that the bussiest times of the day is in the AM at about 6:00, and the evenings around 5:00. If you stop in and no one is in there...just hang out for a minute, and you might be surprised who might just pop in! http://www.coloradoprospector.com/chat.html

I have been able to do ALOT of planning for the RMMR with folks in there also..........
Don't you just love the internet?! :D
ME CO
wub.gif me loves the internet wub.gif LOL.
russau
mark, dont get toooooo attached to the internet! its just a passing fad! haha
leonard
wub.gif wub.gif Actually, I kind of have a thing for Denise! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Any lady that can handle a shovel and high banker like she does is great in my book.
Leonard
jmann
Careful Leonard That gal knows how to wheel an ax to :o. I got an idy she could handle just about any sitsgeation that come up. :D :D :D jmann
Denise
:D I love to play in the dirt.
And for the axe thing, laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm just trying to help keep the family warm. ;) :)
Now I have seen jmann in chat............................ ;) but no Leonard yet unsure.gif
................ :P :D ;)

Come join all the fun we have in chat..........It's a blast in the mornings! ^_^
wyodust
^_^ it is at that, i have met some great people in this chatroom, hopefull, someday i will meet some in person....met dan and denise, people just dont get nicer than those two
wyodust
seems as tho the 6 am club has thinned down some....it seems they have started sleeping in.. ^_^
Denise
I think the weather getting so nice is why everyone has been coming in later in the day.
There still is a morning crowd, you just have to wait a few minutes if noone is in the room. They always show up. :D
Denise
Are you unable to get into chat?

I thought I would come in here and give a little puter help to anyone who might need it for getting into chat.
Sometimes its because of settings with your puter.
Make sure you have your Jave enabled. You can do so by following these directions.....

Open your... START MENU.........then go to.......CONTROL PANEL.
In your control panel you will want to click.....INTERNET PROPERTIES......then click..... PROGRAMS.
In programs you will find a setting called......MANAGE ADD-ONS. Here you will check.....ENABLE..... to your Java.

I hope this helps some.
wink.gif
CP
Hi everyone!

We wanted to invite folks to join our Monday night gatherings in the CP chat room.
7pm MST every Monday

Feel free to join in for general discussions. There is a great bunch of folks who are always willing to answer questions, trade tips/techniques etc.

See you all there.

CP
Denise
Sorry to say but our chat host (Parachat) is going to be ending their chat service. sad.gif
This is what I received in the mail a few days ago...

We introduced ParaChat software to the world in 1996. ParaChat was among the first applications to use a brand new technology that allowed your website visitors to interact in real time on your own site. We are proud of the thriving communities, new friends, customer interaction, and improved revenue streams that ParaChat made possible for its customers. After 22 years, we announce today that all ParaChat services will permanently expire on December 31, 2018, as we move forward to other endeavors. We recommend removal of the ParaChat embed code from your site on that date.

Thank you for your patronage over the years, and for the wonderful memories. We wish you a joyous holiday season and a very happy 2019.

Warmest regards,

The ParaChat Team

This is why I brought back this older thread. It shows that we have used the same chat platform on the website since 2004, making some great friendships. We have met some great folks in that chat with some lasting memories. Tim and I have been looking into other chat options for the website but no luck so far. If you know of a good chat room platform to add, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for all your support and understanding.
Hopefully we have a new chat room by the new year.

Denise
Finished implementing a new chat room platform today. happy088.gif Seems to work pretty good, just adjusting a few settings still though.

Enjoy!
cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.