Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there a supply store in Northern Colorado?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
rye
I am just getting involved in this and was wondering if there was anywhere to go besides online to buy essential equipment like gold pans, extra snuffers, sluice boxes, etc in northern colorado. I am wanting to go out on friday and need a few extra things to let other people use. I am excited about this summer and ready to get after it. Thanks
au-miner
Iif your close to Denver, there is a store in Golden Co. called Golden Detectors that carries every thing you need from gold pans, sluice boxes, combo units, to metal detectors
Coalbunny
Used to be one in Ft. Collins or Boulder.
rye
I am in Fort Collins but can't seem to find much here. Thanks for the info! I might take a little trip down to golden before I head out this weekend.
ScottKS
Here is a list of Colorado Prospecting Stores.....I don't think Finnell's is open anymore......i got my highbanker/dredge combo from him and he had alot of other stuff like pans and such but i know he moved since i got that but i thought i heard from Charley that he isn't around anymore..idk. I think there is also The Prospector Store in Greeley but they might of moved away...idk but here is my sorce. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://www.goldminershq.com/stores/prosp2.htm
kmontoya911
As far as I can tell, the store in Greeley is on line only. He runs it out of his house. There are two articles about him on the web. They say that he does sometimes have people stop by to talk, but it is a residential neighborhood.

If you find something, let us know. I would love to see something before I buy it.
rye
QUOTE (kmontoya911 @ Apr 13 2011, 09:44 PM) *
As far as I can tell, the store in Greeley is on line only. He runs it out of his house. There are two articles about him on the web. They say that he does sometimes have people stop by to talk, but it is a residential neighborhood.

If you find something, let us know. I would love to see something before I buy it.

I ended up heading down to gold-n-detectors in golden. I don't know about the guy in greeley. I read a lot of reports of bad experiences with the greeley store and online orders so i played it safe.
leonard
QUOTE (rye @ Apr 15 2011, 09:38 AM) *
I ended up heading down to gold-n-detectors in golden. I don't know about the guy in greeley. I read a lot of reports of bad experiences with the greeley store and online orders so i played it safe.

The Greely place is basicly a mail only. It is not a storefront last I knew. .

I think you did the right thing. The Roc Doc is the only other place that I know of and I highly reccomend them.

Leonard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.