Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evolution or Creationalism Theories?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
Redpaw
I love a good arguement, one filled with facts from both sides and presented for interpretive discussion for a better understanding. As such I was researching ancient river flows and found myself wandering onto this page.

Effects of the Flood

The Link will allow you to read 2 complete pages of documented information and incredible events that have happened in the earths past and proved by science and geological records.

I recommend you atleast read this link and have a better understanding of some of the hidden gorges ( full of gold ?? ) that are underlying the american plateaus....I always wondered how much water would it take to form the Arizona and New Mexico Mesas...

read it and let me know what you think of the link.
russau
dave, i printed out all 20 pages and i will read them tommorrow at work during my lunch. im back on the 12 hour schedule. atleast ill have some gas money to get out to colorado!!!!
Redpaw
Cool Russau....I'm just looking for a rumored river that used to flow along a supposed continent that was rich in certain deposits....( yeah that rumored river )

If the Grand Canyon represents the geologic record of our time on earth...why is the geologic record of these sediments missing so many time periods?...there are 7 missing time periods in the Grand Canyon....How?

Found:
7 — PERMIAN

6 — PENNSYLVANIAN

5 — MISSISSIPPIAN

4 — DEVONIAN

1 — CAMBRIAN

Missing:
12 — QUATERNARY

11 — TERTIARY

10 — CRETACEOUS

9 — JURASSIC

8 — TRIASSIC

3 — SILURIAN

2 — ORDOVICIAN
russau
dave it had to be them darned hardrock miners! turn your back and theyll chisel it out from underneath ya!
Redpaw
NAW Russau,
It had to be a Dredger, no one would move that much material and overburden without water....

:D laugh.gif :D laugh.gif
Coalbunny
QUOTE (Redpaw @ Jun 1 2004, 01:09 PM)
If the Grand Canyon represents the geologic record of our time on earth...why is the geologic record of these sediments missing so many time periods?...there are 7 missing time periods in the Grand Canyon....How?

Found:
7 — PERMIAN

6 — PENNSYLVANIAN

5 — MISSISSIPPIAN

4 — DEVONIAN

1 — CAMBRIAN

Missing:
12 — QUATERNARY

11 — TERTIARY

10 — CRETACEOUS

9 — JURASSIC

8 — TRIASSIC

3 — SILURIAN

2 — ORDOVICIAN

You're off a bit. There is Quaternary present- Qal, Qls, Qe, Qg and some Qe. As for the rest of the rocks, I'll dig around. I may have it laying around my yard somewhere. Ya think I oughta take it back? I think it looks so neat holding up my outhouse....lol!

Cretaceous and tertiary are not present because of the level of erosion the region experienced. A number of people have said it's because the Grand Canyon was the primary drainage of the Great Flood that Noah was in. Can't be as the Mayan and Aztecs AND Egyptians would have ben wiped out, and they weren't. The Great Flood is because the Meditterannian Sea had enlarged because of "global warming" that cause galciers to melt. So as it grew, the Dead Sea didn't. Soon the Meditterainin, and I'm unsure of the time frame involved, got to the point it was lapping at the edge of a ridge separating it and the Dead Sea Valley.

Noah wasn't a scientist by any means, but he had a pretty good idea what was happening. So he built himself the Ark. Not making fun of the bible, so please don't think I am. But it is a reasonable theory that Noah saw it happening, predicted through common sense and went ahead and told folks that God told him. Ok, so maybe he didn't like his neighbors all that well....but it has been proven correct by archeological studies of the ruins under the Dead Sea- literally entire towns, buried. Anyhow....

So IF the flood didn't happen globally, how was the Grand Canyon formed? Another government project? :D

So *my* guess on the missing periods is that they are there, but not noticeable. Compare it to the middle of the Pacific Ocean. How much sediment get's laid? Very very little. Likewiase with these formations in the Grand Canyon- deep ocean gets no sediments. And what is laid is not locatable because what maybe several hundred feet of sediment then, after compaction soo becomes maybe an inch or two. Water suspends sediments considerably. Go step in some quick sand if ya wanna see it first hand. Same principle.

I will hunt around and see what I can find on it, though.
Carl
Si_NM
Greetings. When musing on missing strata for certain time periods anywhere, consider regional uplift and subsidence as a possible explanation. Generally during times of regional subsidence, you get basin filling of sediments. Layer after layer. A typical example might be something like the Mississippi River system in its' present day. Meanders, flat,, no bedrock. are seen here. When you have regional uplift, you get downcutting, as is the case with the grand canyon. No deposition when that happens,, all the sediments are heading for the ocean. Uplift and subsidence are cyclic,, sort of like a waterbed sloshing but stretched over lots of time.
To address your question about the missing time periods, most missing strata that would have represented those times in question are simply diminished by the periods of non deposition during uplift.

respectfully,, Si_NM
russau
well dave i finnaly got to read those 20 pages. lots of interesting things going on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.