Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rally Funds #17-DEF GOLD
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Denise
This week we will have this great donation from coargonaut for the auction and we'll end again on Saturday(6-5-04) at midnight mst.
Ed is a board member of the Dredge Earth First (DEF). While he was at Vic's this weekend he gave Dan this vial of gold and garnets and told him to use it for the rally auctions. Later last night I received an E-mail from him explaining where he got this GREAT looking gold.
He proceeded to tell me that he has been to the DEF's first rally, and how it had a fair turnout.
Some miners found some gold, and we got the chance to show how mining isn't bad to a couple pf hundred of the general public.
The second year, we had more organization, more PR and more miners show up. But even better, we had a huge increase in the number of the general public that came, saw, and learned something. The small gold flakes are from that second year. Not huge nuggets, but small flakes. May these small flakes represent the seeds from which the Colorado Rally will grow. Let us gather miners and public alike, and grow the Miners Rally in still another state.
And he also added three perfect little garnets wub.gif

We hope that this rally will also be a great success, and that lots of people stop by to learn and have a great time. The DEF is a great Organization, and it is VERY important for the future of mining to educate the public. Thank you Ed, and the DEF and all board members for making the future brighter!

Now lets see that BEAUTIFUL OREGON GOLD! B) :D and the lucky person who is going to get a piece of history! :)
Redpaw
Nice bright Oregon Gold and perfect for showing off...Thanks Ed for taking the time to put up some gold for the Rally.

Rp :D
russau
ill start it off with $50.00 those are golden memorys!
Coalbunny
I can beat that, Russ!

$49.99!

Carl
Barney-mi
Make it $60.00 rolleyes.gif Barney-mi
russau
these are priceless artifacts of a rally past! part of EDs collection! make it $70.00
Coalbunny
Nah....

$69.99....
:P
Barney-mi
Well this looks like a battle between the north and south. So I shall see your
$70.00 and raise you 10.00 to $80.00 :P :o
Coalbunny
Barney, let this be a fight between the north and the south. I don't care! You forgot the west, buddy, and the west says $79.99!

So there! :P
Barney-mi
Colbunny I didn't forget the west. arn't you in the north? just farther west than
I am. He He see ya Barney-mi :P :P :P
russau
for eds personal collection of gold nuggets, i could go $90.00
Barney-mi
Ha ha ha I beat you $89.99 :P :P :P I'll let the west take over awhile
but don't let your guard down. I'll be watching. rolleyes.gif
Barney-mi
russau
well it looks like im going to get these priceless peices of history! i dont think any of your wives will let you have this much money at one time! haha!
Barney-mi
i'M CHECKING THINGS OUT i DON'T SEE ANYTHING!!!! aRE YOU GOING TO
LET RUSS GET AWAY WITH THAT? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Coalbunny
...$89.98....
russau
hahahaha its downhill from here! ill let you guys look at my new nuggets for awhile before i send dan another check! my, they do look nice!!!!!
Coalbunny
Yer on Russ! Yer on! I can beat barney any day anywhere!

$89.995! wub.gif
russau
carl if you add the city, county, transportation and fuel tax to your bid amount you have just overbid me! hah!
Barney-mi
I don't think you have a 1/2 cent peice. I collect coins so I might have one.
so ifin ya ain't got one it would be cheaper to out bid russ what ya think? blink.gif
rolleyes.gif Barney :P
russau
barney dont put nothin past ole carl! he just might suprise you!
Coalbunny
Heh heh heh! Come to the rally and find out, Barney!
Carl
have dremel, will travel....
;)
Barney-mi
Ok carl I understand that one. Now time is getting short russ is tee heeing
and ha haing so here we go $100.00 I don't have a wife Hee Hee Ha Ha
Barney-mi laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
jmann
Hee Hee Haa Haa to the funny farm where life is beautyfull all the time. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif jmann
Coalbunny
$99.999!
russau
o.k. now dont laugh but my wife gave me a advance on next years allowance. ill go $110. on them fine samples of history! but this is pushing my limits,i dont want to have to crawl and begg for another advance!
ME CO
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif sorry Russ couldn't hep myself. Mark
Barney-mi
It is about time us LADYS got in on this game . So this is not Barney's bid this is
Melody's bid 115.00. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
russau
well melody, my wife made me cut the yard,do the dishs, grill some bar-b-q and do the groc. shopping for $120. for todays bump in the bid! now remember, these are historic peices of history! found and chershed by none other than DEFs very own ED-o-son just back from his historic trip to the middle east! while there he, single handedly brought peace and goodwill and saved the world. now he offers a peice of history for us to enjoy and share!
Barney-mi
Russ one thing I need to know. Did you have your apron on? I lied did you dust
and wash the windows to.
russau
well if you want to call it a apron i guess you could. i called it a tourture apperatious! and yes dusting is part of my daliy duties!
russau
all of this humiliation will be worth it just to have these peices of history in my collection! i guess you can call this gold fever at its best/worst!
Barney-mi
Well Russ ole buddy ole pal. anyone that would go threw all that. And share it
with everyone my hat's off to ya. congrads to you I"ll let you have them. But
if anyone bids It ain't my fault (hint hint help) laugh.gif By the way I enjoyed
spending your money laugh.gif laugh.gif See you at the rally :) :) Barney
Coalbunny
$119.95 and that includes getting some of Russ's BBQ steaks!
wub.gif
russau
well carl your always welcome to my humble abode! boy i hope my wife wasnt kidding me about giving me a advance on my allowance for the next 3 years! haha after official confirmation from CP, the money will be in the mail! i really did want these BAD!
Denise
Congratulatins Russ! You are a lucky man. I would have LOVED to bid on these but I didnt have the funds. Its good to see them go to a good home though! ;)
We will send them off to you, so take care of those beauties. You earned them. B)
russau
money will be in the mail today!
Coalbunny
In all honesty Russ, you deserve that gold. I've been under bidding out humor, because I know IF I had the money, you bet I'd make a real bid!

My hat's off to ya, Russ!
russau
dan, did you receive the money order for the DEF nuggets?
Denise
Yes we did Russ. I was going to mail it out today when I went to town but I forgot it at home. wacko.gif

They sure are pretty.I will send them out tomorrow, unless you want me to hang on to them till the rally? :D
russau
denise, hang on to them untill the rally! heck its less than a week away! i asked for another weeks worth of vacation but i wont know probly untill the last min. if i get it!
leonard
If you get it you are going to Douglas Creek with aren't you?
Leonard
russau
well i have my wyoming permit, but ill be with garry olson and his son. and they have to be back before the fourth of july.i just found out that i got my weeks vacation (6/28-7/2 and i need to be back as well. we were thinking of seeing what we could do while in colorado, and dan was saying something about his new claim????????we will see whats up! . im coming out with jordan and returning with garry. jordan has to be in court mon morning at 9:30 so he needs to leave early sunday afternoon. cant wait till its time to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.