Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Killer dino bone
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Fossil Finds, Processes, Adventures and Outings
jim
I ran across a site this morning that has the most beautiful dino bone imaginable. For some reason the link opens at the bottom of the page but just go to the top and work your way back down. You will be amazed!!! ohmy.gif
http://differentseasons.ganoksin.com/blogs...e/#comment-6679
jim
OOPS!! sorry Dan. I put this in the wrong section. Move it up one if you want.
russau
wow, thats not only a beautifull stone,thats some beautifull jewlery!
swizz
QUOTE (jim @ Jan 21 2011, 08:14 AM) *
You will be amazed!!! ohmy.gif

Consider me amazed! ohmy.gif
Those are some amazing pieces and top notch macro photography.
Thanks for posting this Jim!
jim
smile.gif You are welcome. I wanna find thier store... see how much they are selling the rings for. I know that the gold is completely out but the silver I could show the kids and maybe get them to go together for my Christmas this year. smiley-laughing021.gif Lol wishful thinking there huh?
swizz
Looks like they are located in Barron, WI, that would probably be a heck of a road trip.
emoticon-object-009.gif greensmilies-017.gif
Voltaire
Nice! smiley-shocked003.gif
kalenmcdonald
how much would dino bone be worth in the rough? I have few bones that are completely fossilized. but i have no rock saw to cut them open.
Denise
smiley-clapping.gif Very cool pieces Jim! Dino Bone is one of my favorites to work, and I love how different in colors thay can be.

Here is a freeform one I was working on last fall but havent finished yet. I still need to polish the backside, but this one will be pretty cool when its done.
It was a pretty small piece, so I just worked in the best shape to fit the piece so I wouldnt loose much material.
Question to be after that is....What to do with it? chin.gif Im ot even sure what side looks best up. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.