Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1-11-11
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
ASTROBLEME
Congratulations!

The statistics show that on 1-11-11, there were 719 users online. That is a record for your website. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Keep up the good work and best wishes for the future.

Johnny
russau
does that mean that i now have a record if i was on this site that day?haha oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh for the shame of it!
Denise
Thanks Johnny! biggrin.gif The site sure has been jammin'! Sorry to say though that the number showing was also reflecting the new spammers that have recently been trying to get in to post their lovely goodies for you all to see. signs019.gif dry.gif But we wont let them in...hehe

We have on an average been deleting over 100 registrations a day this month, but dont worry...........
we have ways of knowing whos spam and whos not when validating registrations. happy112.gif whew.gif

The good side of this means that the ColoradoProspector.com website and forum is definately being indexed in the search engines. signs021.gif

QUOTE (russau @ Jan 17 2011, 05:04 AM) *
does that mean that i now have a record if i was on this site that day?haha oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh for the shame of it!

Yes Russ...You definately have a record showing here, and records even show you were the 10,000 post winner some time ago. happy088.gif
winterstick
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jan 20 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Thanks Johnny! biggrin.gif The site sure has been jammin'! Sorry to say though that the number showing was also reflecting the new spammers that have recently been trying to get in to post their lovely goodies for you all to see. signs019.gif dry.gif But we wont let them in...hehe

We have on an average been deleting over 100 registrations a day this month, but dont worry...........
we have ways of knowing whos spam and whos not when validating registrations. happy112.gif whew.gif

You should look at adding recaptcha http://www.google.com/recaptcha to the sign up form. It is highly effective at removing spam but user friendly enough that it doesn't create a major hastle for real people trying to sign up.

I can give you a hand if you need it.
CP
Thanks everyone and thank you for offering to help out winterstick, that's very kind of you.
Actually, Googles recaptcha feature is already employed on this board but either Google needs to re-update it, or they have intentionally turned it off to prove a point of how many spammers there are on the net......this has been a very hot current topic on the net this year.
At anyrate, we have to manually screen each to make sure we don't have spammers running amok on the board, but as Mrs.CP said above....we have ways of knowing who's real and who's a spammer. It's alot of work but very well worth it to keep the community clear of BS spammer crap.

Keep on passing the word around everyone, the ColoradoProspector website is the place everyone (including the spammers) want's in on!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

CP
russau
yep! its a good site for info and is run by great people! wish i lived closer!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.