Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gene Wiley has passed
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
russau
with great sorrow i need to inform everyone that knew Gene Wiley that he passed away last night. Gene was/is my best friend and the best friend anyone could ask for! Leonard is planning a cerimonial for Gene on the July4 at Douglas Creek Wyoming, up on Leonards claim "beans and bacon" he will be missed but never forgotten! Gods speed Geno!
CP
Rest in peace Geno, we'll all miss you!!

Thank you Russ for posting this update and I know it was difficult for you to do. You guys were great friends for many years.

Denise's father Ken also passed away last night during the lunar eclipse (check the Pink Floyd thread) and even though Ken and Geno never met face to face, they did get to meet via the CP chat room several times and I've got to think they are traveling together right now on their grand journey to the highest mountain.

God speed my friends and thanks for all the awesome memories!!

Dan & Denise
russau
Gods speed Ken! yep theres several people that passed last night. i think theyre trying to get first pick on some claims up there! yep its a sad day today for me but if you think about it, Gene isnt in anymore pain that he suffered for the last 4-5 years from the cancer he had. July 4 2011 up at Douglas Creek will be a teary eyed day for a lot of people!
jim
Truly sad to hear. Geno was a great one to chat with here.
gold_tutor
Thanks, Russ for your post. I know that was tough to write. I'm sorry for your loss. Geno was a great supporter of me personally, and we enjoyed many exchanges. I'll remember him going out with his "boots on" so to speak. Life was precious to him, as well as all of his friends. And he also found a Peace that Passes All Understanding in his personal relationship forged with Jesus Christ, God's Son, whose birth we celebrate at this time of year. He had a vibrant testimony and a sweet, SWEET spirit. We have a hole in our soul here, but Heaven has gained a loving and energetic new arrival.

Let's remember his kids and grand kids whom he dearly loved. I will miss his phone calls and his emails.

God Speed, Geno!

God Bless YOU, Russ!

G_T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.