Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lunar Eclipse on Winter Solstice 12-21-2010
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
ASTROBLEME
Best view is predicted to be 1:17 AM Mountain Standard Time. Hope for clear skies... emoticon-object-024.gif
gold_tutor
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Dec 20 2010, 06:53 AM) *
Best view is predicted to be 1:17 AM Mountain Standard Time. Hope for clear skies... emoticon-object-024.gif

Understand it's about 308yrs since the last eclipse fell on winter solstice, true?

It was bright enough to exterior paint the exterior of the house last night. With the 4 " of new snow it, it was a fairy wonderland outside. Dead calm. The individual branches of any tree within range had a little "frosting" sitting atop each branch or twig. Simply stunning.

Thanks for your post!

Kind regards,
Megan
russau
cloudy weather stopped my veiwing of this! but i was up with the dogs about the time the moon was doing its thing!
Denise
Definately the darkest day, as my Dad passed away during the lunar eclipse last night.
I'll see you again on the dark side of the moon Dad!
sad.gif
gold_tutor
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Dec 21 2010, 06:50 AM) *
Definately the darkest day, as my Dad passed away during the lunar eclipse last night.
I'll see you again on the dark side of the moon Dad!
sad.gif

I'm so sorry, Denise for your loss. Please check your PM.

Megan
Denise
Thanks Megan. He was an amazing man! I see it fitting that he chose to leave us all during such an amazing event.

Here are some photos of the Lunar Eclipse, compliments of SpaceWeather.com.

Lunar Eclipse Photos - December 21, 2010
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.