Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exclusive ownership and use rights
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
Mineral Estate Grantee
So why do these people know its granted exclusive ownership?

http://www.publicland.org/

Mining Law of 1872
PLF Position Statement [2010-18] posted: September 11, 2010

The Public Lands Foundation (PLF) advocates the reform of the 1872 Mining Law to eliminate some of the exclusive ownership and use rights that are granted to mining claimants, to substitute some mechanism other than patenting to provide appropriate tenure for mine development, to obtain fair return of royalties to the public and to reclaim the land to the extent possible so that other uses may be made of the land, and to provide that future proposed mining operations be subject to the same environmental and land use planning considerations as are required for other uses of .... Read PLF Position Statement 2010-18

russau
it seems that everyone else wants someone else to pay for everything else! that way "they" can have it for free! yep nothing but a bunch of freeloaders in my books!
dickb
"to obtain fair return of royalties to the public "

I see this as the real reason that all the federal and state agencies are doing their darn to take control of the federal lands.

The Government wants revenue and isn't satisfied with income tax and corp business tax. They see the revenue that the Oil and Gas and Uranium leases generate for the treasury. So, If they can take back mineral ownership of the minerals on public land, then they can tax the revenue from it's production.

This isn't the first time that was done! Think about the gold standard and forced sale of all gold to the government at $36.00 per ounce.

The goal is to repeal the 1872 Mining law and if they can lock up all the mineral wealth in the western US then they have sucessfully have built another Fort Knox!

It's always about the money!!!!!!!!! emoticon-object-018.gif

Dickb
russau
YEP, they want someone else to pay for thier costly mistakes!while they line thier own pockets!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.