Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proposed Mining in Fairplay
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Boogie
Has anyone heard the outcome of Proposed Mining in Fairplay, Colorado. ? I have not been able to find a date of when this might be resolved or what has become of it. I guess he hasn't submitted an application with a mining proposal yet. Now here's a guy who could use some support! I hope he hits bedrock and finds good color!
Boogie
Found a couple of more links about the Fairplay Mine.

http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID...;ArticleID=6181

http://fairplayinspections.com/index.html
Let the opposition know what you think!
russau
i copied all of this info and im mailing in my comment for this project. with the way the econmomy is going and the percentage of people here in America out of work, this project MUST start! these people that are complaining of this will benefit from the taxs this project will provide and any employment! i hear to much of this "not in my backyard" attitude that helps defeat our great Country bouncing back to Her greatness! shame on these people that dont want it!
CP
Cool Russ thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Yes I agree, this miner can use all our support. Unfortunately the local community there is not miner friendly what so ever (contrary to posts in the article). I've known of this persons planned ops and also the communities efforts to thwart them. This miner has a great spot claimed and his small operation proposed has caused quite a stink amongst the Fairplay residents who think they own the BLM land to themselves.
Even one of the posters within the article (John) who'm I happen to know is just clueless as to what reality is. An electrician who isn't for mining?! Gee, wonder how his field could operate without them?

Show your support folks and let this miner know he does have other miners behind the operation he proposes. It is not a large op he has planned nor will it "hurt" the scenery of Fairplay. In fact most travelers will not even notice his running operation because there are so many rocks piled around town already.....what will look different?

Good luck to him and we hope he DIGS IN SOON! Not sure what he's waiting on since this has been an ongoing subject for at least 4 years that I know of around Fairplay.

For anyone who thinks Fairplay is still miner friendly.....it is not, the community wouldn't even approve a mobile asphalt plant at an exsisting gravel pit several years ago when we lived there and that community action cost me my job!! The asphalt plant went elsewhere. greensmilies-025.gif Guess Fairplay has too many jobs available?....NOT! sadno.gif mad.gif

CP
russau
what a opertunity lost!
CP
YES! An opportunity lost for me to feed my family and be a part of that community. Not to mention several other local jobs that were not had by locals who sure could have used them and heaven forbid they use some of those classified rocks stacked up around town. That wouldn't make any sense would it?
smiley-shocked003.gif
And the excuses put forth that the citizens said it shouldn't be allowed for....much the same as this fella's comments show.
"it's my backyard"
"it will make too much dust"
"too much truck traffic"
"I walk my dogs there, no one has the right to keep us out, and where would we walk the dog?"
smiley-shocked003.gif signs019.gif

Any real bonafide miner/operation in that community needs support! Their community won't!

CP
russau
yep Dan they can and do come up with some really lame excusses for the "not in my backyard" reason!
Coalbunny
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Oct 4 2010, 06:33 AM) *
YES! An opportunity lost for me to feed my family and be a part of that community. Not to mention several other local jobs that were not had by locals who sure could have used them and heaven forbid they use some of those classified rocks stacked up around town. That wouldn't make any sense would it?

Because they're a bunch of stupid greedy wanna-be hippies from the city that have nothing better to do than smoke a #10 can of pot and down half a dozen hits of LSD, thinking they can be "at one with the earth", again.

"it's my backyard"

Really? Then they sure can tend it like thier backyard! Maybe we should start dumping litter and trashed appliances in their swimming pool, then? After all, that is what they do to the BLM land, and they did say it's their backyard....
BTW, any proof they have paid their property taxes on that yet?
Nah, I didn't think so.

"it will make too much dust"

Like the wanna-be hippies from the city know any difference between rock dust and cocaine. Besides, it's gonna be a low dust operation. I've seen 20 mph gusts in Fairplay raise up enough dust from the dirt roads and backyards so that visibility is pretty poor.

"too much truck traffic"

Compared too.....? Tooorist season? Not hardly.

"I walk my dogs there, no one has the right to keep us out, and where would we walk the dog?"

Can always walk their dog somewhere else. If not, I think we can always help a couple families of Hmong move from Colorado Springs or Denver to Fairplay. Then there won't be any problem with any dogs (won't be any left). music037.gif
russau
i have commented on their site and i have sent a letter to the BLM,Desiny Mining proposal" and ive been trying to send a email but for some reason it wont go through. i hope he gets his project running!even though these backwards thinking people dont want it in their back yard! they need to get over it!
russau
well my daughter figured out why i couldnt get the email to the BLM to work! it was me not knowing what i was doing!! its on its way to the BLM. i tried to copy it but it didnt work so i tried to save it in my favorits and i hope it worked but now i cant find it! sooooooooo, i hope they like my email to them and i hope it makes a difference!heck id even like to visit his operation once it is up-n-running! maybe hed let me poke around with a pan or metal detector???? i really doubt it! haha
russau
well has there been any outcome for this boondoggle of a situation??? no agency has sent me any type of an acknowledgement to my several comments that i sent to them. wonder why??
CP
Hi Russ,

I'm not sure this is even a current ordeal going on at this time since I'd heard about several years ago. Maybe it was just found in September of this year by the poster who started the thread and not ongoing at this time?
Not sure myself since I didn't post it but that could be the case.

Good job making comments and getting involved as a citizen non the less Russ, Kudos!
We should all stand up as individuals for what we feel is right!

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.