Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At a whim or actually planning trips - Finding others interested
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Coach Dash
Sorry for the NOOB questions but I frequently head for the hills alone or with my son and sometimes I'd like to meet up with others especially in an area that I'm unfamiliar with.

Is there a forum for that? Preferred topic title?

For example.... I've got to go to Vail tomorrow (Sat 9/26/10), my son has stuff to do there all day.... I don't .... so I figured I'd bring a box and shovel and see what I can find.... I don't know anything about panning in and around Vail. I'll do some research tonight but I'd prefer to meet up with someone to dig with and who knows the area better than I.

CheerZ
Dash
russau
the most important thing is, check about authorization/permission to be on/in that land/creek! then,and only then, test pan the area all over the place untill youve found the best results and pan/work that spot.have the written permission on you at all times to prevent any interuption of your time!there will be people that think you have NO RIGHT to be there, when you actually may!
CP
Hi Coach Dash,

Welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums, make yourself right at home.
This section (off topic) is fine for starting questions and as you spend a little more time browsing the forums you'll get the hang of which sections are best for each topic posted. No worries if you place one in the wrong place though, we can always move a post or thread if needed during moderation. Just let us know if that happens and you need one moved sometime.

Have a great time up in the Vail area and like Russ said above, make sure you are on "open lands" for prospecting or if on private lands then have a note with you saying the owner knows you are there. You should be fine and good luck propsecting out there.
Hopefully another forum member can meet up with you while you're there too and maybe show you some spots to go.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.