Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new machine.
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
jim
I am doing some work for a lady in our club.She had a Genie cabbing machine that she didn't use much drool.gif so I offered to do some work for the machine. She let me bring it home yesterday. I have dreamed of having one of them since the very first time that I ever saw one. The motor looks brand new and the wheels are still fresh. happy088.gif I sat down and cut two guitar picks in about 45 minutes. I posted them in the pick thread.
ScottKS
Wow Jimbo your one lucky cookie...you have over a $2000 machine there...i have always wanted one too but they are just too expensive and take up way too much room (over twice as long as my bigfoot). Enjoy Jimbo and don't let this one get away. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
GuitarC
Hey Jim that is awesome! I used my first lapidary grinder yesterday when my beginning cabochon class started. I used the new CabKing the club just got. They also have about 5 Genies. I will be using a Genie real soon. I am heading over to the guitar pick thread right now to check out your picks.
fourcornersrocks
Jim,
The new Genie looks nice!

That is going to be lots of fun, I bet you are cutting a new welo cab every 15 minutes, lol! I am still in amazement every time I use mine, dang they are fast!
jim
Thanks guys. I still get a big grin every time I look at it. biggrin.gif I can do bigger better cabs faster than I ever could with the Inland. Daniel ...I tried a piece of welo and I think that with them I'll stay with the Inland. The Genie is way too aggressive.
CP
Cool Jim, that's a nice machine for sure and now you won't have to go to the club house to finish out stones on the genies there anymore. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Good luck with all the new stones you'll be cutting, I'll be you'll have alot of fun with it.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.