Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Hills gold nugget unveiled
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
ScottKS
http://www.kotatv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13169159&sms_ss

One thing i would like to know is how in the hec do they think a 5oz nugget will bring $100,000....that's $20,000 a oz...this nugget is mostly quartz...you might be able to get like $2,000 a oz out of it but not even close to $20,000 per oz.

I posted this on that site to see what kinda responce i would get smiley-laughing021.gif
Coalbunny
Well, not counting the impurities, the metal value MIGHT be around $6,835.
I think for a serious collector, I doubt he'd net more than $20,000, $50,000 tops.
ScottKS
Well that might be close...reason i was saying more like $10,000 is because it's a specimen and is in the record books for that area...anyways if he does sell it to someone for that much and they are dumb enough to buy it..i want the name of that person..lol so i can sell my gold to him...i would sell all of my free gold if that person would give me like $500 for them...lmao hehehe ;)

Here is a cool lil ryme i just made up for specimen gold
"If the gold you have is a gold specimen piece then the price will increase" smiley-laughing021.gif from spot price anyways thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Persistence
I'd bet he could get close to 80K for it. It's all in the novelty of the find. Sort of like real estate, dirt is dirt, but location is key.
Coalbunny
Good point.

If there are people that will spend $1.5 million smackers an a lear jet just so they can have one of each model from a manufacturer (yes, people like that are out there), then no reason they won't do the same for a Black Hills nugget.
gold_tutor
That's an exciting gold nugget. Congrats to the finder.

Viewing this picture is is about as close as I'll ever get to the Dakota's since I left Kansas 24 years ago. smiley-chores016.gif

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New 2011, everyone!

G_T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.