Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado Splendor
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Boogie
I'll never grow tired of the western slope. Like most of Colorado, it has so much to offer.

We want to go back later this fall to get a shot of this location when the colors are blazing. We are also thinking of going snow shoeing here this winter. Can anyone guess where this is?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

These shots were taken enroute to the first two photos.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
swizz
Great shots! That area looks like it should light up nicely with the fall colors.
My guess.... Grand Mesa.
Boogie
I wager that was more than just a guess! Yer right Swizz! I haven't been there since I was a kid. Apparently I wasn't paying attention back then because going back was like a whole new experience.
russau
i wish it was the veiw from my home!
Denise
Beautiful pictures Boogie! It sure is a magical place to see with a warm feeling when there. happy.gif Dont you just love Colorado!

Coalbunny
QUOTE (Boogie @ Sep 9 2010, 10:12 AM) *
I'll never grow tired of the western slope. Like most of Colorado, it has so much to offer.

We want to go back later this fall to get a shot of this location when the colors are blazing. We are also thinking of going snow shoeing here this winter. Can anyone guess where this is?
Click to view attachment

Looks like Mamm Peak in the back ground, which means you're overlooking the towns of Mesa, Molina and Collbran.

QUOTE (Boogie @ Sep 9 2010, 10:12 AM) *
These shots were taken enroute to the first two photos.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Yep, looks to me like you went up Plateau Creek from I-70.

Well, am I correct on this or is my memory getting that bad? thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Boogie
You're not completely senile yet!

Yep, 65 from I-70. We did the loop to Delta and then back to Grand Junction on good ol' 50.

Here's a couple more.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
russau
thats it! your just rubbing it in! but i love the pictures that youve taken!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.