Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Information on Suction Dredging
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
brose73
I have been diving for years mostly tropical and a few lakes but once I saw suction dredging I have to try it. Does anyone know of an outfitter in Colorado that would have a weekend class? I live in Oklahoma and would like to set up a "vacation" to try dredging. Any info would be great.

OkieJon
www.coloradogoldprospecting.com/
CP
Hi brose73, welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums. You'll love dredging I bet. Many of our members here are happy to have a helper for the weekend and give some tips and pointers. We also have a ton of info around the forums here and even a few vids to check out of some Colorado dredging.
Just be prepared for some chilly temps in the high elevation waters of Colorado. The clubs researched areas have several great places to dredge as well should you take it up for more than just a weekend try out. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Post up what dates you might be thinking of visiting Colorado and where, maybe someone will have a dredge weekend planned near you at that time that you could meet up with.

Good luck when you do get to go, we all hope you find some big yella' smiles in the pans.

CP
hotrod
QUOTE (brose73 @ Aug 21 2010, 09:47 AM) *
I have been diving for years mostly tropical and a few lakes but once I saw suction dredging I have to try it. Does anyone know of an outfitter in Colorado that would have a weekend class? I live in Oklahoma and would like to set up a "vacation" to try dredging. Any info would be great.

jeff hear i to live in Oklahoma i also am very interested in dredging and am going to buy one i know of a river hear in OK that you can find a flak or two i will let you know how that works out.
russau
hotrod a lot of prospectors/dredgers goto the K-river camp ground in the SE part of OK. on the Kimichi (sp) River.
leonard
4th of July at Douglas Creek in Wyoming would be a good place to go. We will have quite a few people and dredges there for a week or so and anyone is welcome.
Leonard
russau
if you come to DC Wyoming, dont forget the water is cold and the night air may get colder in July! but it has been a lot of fun anyway you look at it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.