Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alter Bridge
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Jam Sessions
GuitarC
These guys have been around for a few years and you may know that the 4 piece is made up of 3 humble guys from the 90's famous band "Creed" and another very humble guy name Myles Kennedy (the humbleness is probably why they get along so well lol). Along with the down to earth attitude comes some incredible talent. Alter Bridge is about to release their 3rd CD in a few months. Right now the guys are busy with different projects. Creed is now touring and Slash wanted Myles to sing on his CD and was so impressed he asked him to front his tour.

Here is a great song from Alter Bridge's last album. Someone was inspired by the song and put a very meaningful slideshow together.

One By One
GuitarC
Another one. Has a very cool slow building groove

Blackbird
GuitarC
Can you hear the Zeppelin influence? Myles did in fact jam and write songs with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham when it was rumored that there would be a Led Zeppelin reunion back in 2008. Myles says he had a blast collaborating and playing with his heroes.

New Way To Live
GuitarC
Fantastic Song!

Watch Over You
GuitarC
Myles with Slash back in April singing a classic

Sweet Child O'Mine
GuitarC
Great cover version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah

Hallelujah
GuitarC
Great Rockin tune

Open Your Eyes
GuitarC
Hmmm? How about a Good Slabbing or Cabbing Song?

Ties That Bind
Denise
Great tunes!! I think they are all great songs to slab or cab too. biggrin.gif I love watching Slash play. Dan was lucky enough to see him up close at an autorium in California before they hit it big. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Its good to see Mark shicking it up and keeping his plate full, and with the same sweet guitar even (love that guitar)! I have been known to rewind his solos just to watch him play. He sure has some fast fingers. Great solo in Ties That Bind! Thanks for adding them to the jam sessions!!

Ok........back to jamming before work.
music030.gif

Denise
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jul 27 2010, 07:05 AM) *
Great tunes!! I think they are all great songs to slab or cab too. biggrin.gif

Ok, I take that back...........Hard to cab with tears in your eyes, so no "Watch Over You" while cabbing. blush.gif
I'll stick to Ties That Bind for cabbing.
music.gif
GuitarC
Hey Denise,

Just got in from cutting the grass and my rock hill and then using the weedeater to get the weeds on my boulder hill I created in front of the house. wacko.gif Funny thing is I have always loved stone (just the past 15 years it has been Hardscaping with boulders). Now I am delving into the small ones like I was into when I was a kid! sweet.gif

Awesome you are into Mark! He is such a fantastic guitarist and a rarity in that he is a rock star who still makes sure he practices at least 5 hrs a day, and it shows! Some of his good friends are well known shred guitarists and he has come such a long way with his lead playing. Despite having great technical skills, his focus over the past few years has been more on playing for what the song needs and he and Myles are into some wicked blues guitarists. My favorite guitarist growing up was George Lynch from Dokken. His melody lines were always so catchy and great even back in the "Breakin the Chains" days. Then shred came out in 1985 with Yngwie and Paul Gilbert and George listened to all the shredders and got better and better technically because of what the new guys were doing.

It's not that well known that Myles can play some wicked shred guitar and was in a few fusion bands along with rock bands like Mayfield Four. He just doesn't show off. Myles was a guitarist and guitar teacher who also sang a little. Here is clip when Myles was 19 or 20 winning some guitar contest.

Myles Jam

Denise do you like technical guitarists? If you do, I have so much stuff for you and a lot of it would be awesome to cab to!

GuitarC
Here is a better cabbing song:

Flatleys Crutch

This is the band Myles was in when they opened for Creed.
GuitarC
It's easy to see why Mark and the guys wanted Myles to front Alter Bridge. They were tired of playing in a band with a singer who showed up for work drunk sometimes and who at the time had a serious case of "God Complex Disease".

Myles had talent that was obvious, took his craft seriously, and was humble too.

Eden

I like reading the comments people make on youtube lol

GuitarC
Another good one

Mars Hotel

Denise
Great tunes!!
It's easy to see why Mark and the guys wanted Myles to front Alter Bridge.

Mark is awesome, and I have always wished him the best in his career. Im thinking with Myles adding his talents there will be no stopping them now! happy088.gif

Good to see your getting into playing with those rocks! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif What would this world be without them?

You better watch yourself though, with that kind of talk in the jam sessions section of the forum........ unsure.gif
you might be labeled "Rockin' For Mining!" tongue.gif smiley-cool14.gif

Denise do you like technical guitarists? If you do, I have so much stuff for you and a lot of it would be awesome to cab to!

Ha!! Better question would be whats there not to like about them? happy112.gif Bring em' on!

chin.gif You know what I would really like to hear?...............Some of your tunes. You wouldnt have a username like GuitarC if you couldnt play now would you?

biggrin.gif
GuitarC
Hey Denise,

I was not aware of "Rockin' for Mining" so I checked it out and what you started there was cool. Sad it did not continue sadno.gif

You and Dan wanting to hear my stuff sparked some musical creativity! Last night after teaching I had an idea and recorded the audio with my cell phone to capture the idea. This may sound strange but I have a little recording studio that I set up almost 3 years ago and for about a year I used it to record my ideas and rough tracks with plans to record some new stuff and record songs I have had for years. I did use it a little and got lots of ideas and jam tracks down but never had a need to put them to CD so these short ideas are not mixed or mastered. Life happens and things changed and I moved on to other things like hardscaping, working on the house, taking on new students etc. One thing led to another and now it has been over a year since I recorded anything in the studio. sad.gif When I have what I think is a good musical idea I just do what is quickest & easiest and for me that is record my ideas with my cell phone. Before cell phones I always used a small tape recorder when creativity struck. As long as I have my ideas down, I know I can always go back and shape and fine tune them chores041.gif Nothing like having what you think is a good idea and not getting it down and forgetting it! slaphead.gif

I need a kick in the butt to get back to recording in my studio and not just for me to have! Maybe you guys have caused that train to get moving! emoticon-object-009.gif

I feel I am ok with computers and teaching myself how to do things on them. When I first joined the forum just a few days ago I was trying to figure out how you were able to add your own title to a link you inserted. (basic I know LOL). I figured it out as you can see in my posts smiley-cool14.gif I mention this because posting or sending audio files has never been something I desired to do. I do have a short acoustic instrumental song I came up with in 2003 for a project when I was taking an audio recording class. I am going to convert it to a smaller file so I can send it to you or post it here somehow lol

Chris
CP
Hey Chris,

Alter Bridge is an awesome addition and thank you for putting them in. We've really enjoyed all of their stuff. music030.gif

Awesome you have some recordings and are going to make up some more, steam on with that train too! happy088.gif I see you've figured out the uploading without a problem.
We'll be looking forward to more additions in the future too.

Yes, sadly there weren't any nominations for the opal bear sculpture but the rockin' for mining rocks on anyway. music-smiley.gif Many folks are still bringing awareness and teaching about the importance of mining in our everyday lives.

CP
Denise
QUOTE (GuitarC @ Jul 29 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Hey Denise,

I was not aware of "Rockin' for Mining" so I checked it out and what you started there was cool. Sad it did not continue sadno.gif

You and Dan wanting to hear my stuff sparked some musical creativity! Last night after teaching I had an idea and recorded the audio with my cell phone to capture the idea. This may sound strange but I have a little recording studio that I set up almost 3 years ago and for about a year I used it to record my ideas and rough tracks with plans to record some new stuff and record songs I have had for years. I did use it a little and got lots of ideas and jam tracks down but never had a need to put them to CD so these short ideas are not mixed or mastered. Life happens and things changed and I moved on to other things like hardscaping, working on the house, taking on new students etc. One thing led to another and now it has been over a year since I recorded anything in the studio. sad.gif When I have what I think is a good musical idea I just do what is quickest & easiest and for me that is record my ideas with my cell phone. Before cell phones I always used a small tape recorder when creativity struck. As long as I have my ideas down, I know I can always go back and shape and fine tune them chores041.gif Nothing like having what you think is a good idea and not getting it down and forgetting it! slaphead.gif

I need a kick in the butt to get back to recording in my studio and not just for me to have! Maybe you guys have caused that train to get moving! emoticon-object-009.gif

Thats fantastic Chris! Rockin' For Mining will always live on, if not just in inviduals who love music and help spread the word of the importance of mining in ALL our lives. Im always spreading the word! Even the Opal bear still rocks on, its just awaiting its new home....hehe

We would love for you to warm up that studio and earn your place in the "Rockin' For Mining" hall of fame list. smiley-cool14.gif Could even earn yourself a free stone guitar pick I made. Keep us updated. We would love to hear more of your tunes.

Now back to jamming to Alter Bridge....
"Watch Over You" is one you have to listen to over and over. The acoustic version is the best!!
stereo.gif
Denise
The "Ties That Bind" video you posted Chris was broke so I fixed it. Im always fixing links to videos from YouTube that the video police break.

biggrin.gif
GuitarC
Thanks Denise for fixing the link thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
You are welcome GuitarC. Myles has a great voice! Here is another sweet tune of theirs....enjoy!

"Rise Today"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.