Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1200,1500,2000 gph?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
rubinscube
I am slowly buying the parts for a power sluice, however all examples in the pump GPH are different. What is you opinion? smiley-chores016.gif
Gold Seeker
Most dredge and highbanker pumps are rated at GPM, my 2" Proline highbanker pump produces 100 GPM it is a Honda 2 1/2 HP with a Proline pump, that equates to 6000 GPH, my 4" Keene dredge pump produces 250 GPM it is a 6 1/2 HP Honda with a Keene P 180 pump, that equates to 15000 GPH.

You can make a small recirculating cleanup sluice with around 1500 to 3000 GPH electric pumps, but for a 8" to 10" wide power sluice you will need at least 4000 GPH or better, IMHO, more is always better than less, you can always throttle down your pump if you have to much water flow, but you can't get more water flow if you need it if you are already max. out on your pump.

Skip
CP
Good answer Skip, thanks for posting that up. I would totally agree, you'll need more water volume for a 10" wide sluice than what a battery operated pump will supply for the unit to work in the field in a 'highbanking" set up.
But just like Skip said, the 12v pumps will make a dandy recirc clean up system set up for concentrate processes after the field highbanking.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.