Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please help me build a highbanker dredge combo
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
rubinscube
If you could only by one part at a time to build a high-banker sluice combo. what parts would you buy and from what manufacturer? thanks
russau
none except the pump/engine. buy a good pumpe/engine for the dredgeing portion. dont skip on that aprt of it. all the rest of it can be easily made at your convience!if you dont know how, learn!
YellowFever
the small Keene pump with the 2.5hp honda motor is awesome!!!!
swizz
QUOTE (YellowFever @ Jul 18 2010, 11:14 PM) *
the small Keene pump with the 2.5hp honda motor is awesome!!!!

Agreed that this is an awesome motor! However, he may need more horsies in that Honda to power a highbanker. I'd go no less than 5hp to get the water from the river to those spray bars, but 4-stroke Honda for sure. I dunno, I reckon he could build a mini version with a 2.5hp. confused0082[1].gif
russau
Swizz i go along with your thinking. you may need to pump that water up hill a long ways and need the HP to do it! plus you may want to use a suction nozzel for a combo, so yuo would be better off buying a good pump/motor the first time instead of buying 2 pump/motor combos in the end!i know, i have three pump/engine combos for my equipment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.