Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dive Suit Question
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
swizz
I have a Henderson Gold Core wet suit and would like to start using it for long-arm dredging (not diving). My question is regarding footwear. The legs of the wetsuit end at my ankles. What should I be looking at for waterproof, durable, and comfortable footwear? It seems like there a many "flats style" neoprene boots out there but I have a hard time believing that the zipper on them are all I need to maintain dry feet. What's the best way to keep my feet dry with this setup?
Boogie

Hi Swizz

This place looks like it might have what you're looking for :
http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page/WW/CTGY/wetsuit-boots

Disclaimer : I know nothing about this sort of thing but these looked like they should fit the bill.

Boogie
swizz
Thanks Boogie! I'm going to call them today for advise. Their prices look really good.
YellowFever
I get all my gear from these guys! they have great prices and the gear is good.

http://www.tommydsports.com/
swizz
Quick follow-up...
After researching boots + price and shipping comparisons I ordered the Henderson Titanium H2 7mm Boots and Henderson H2 7mm gloves. Looks like good stuff: Henderson H2
(Henderson 7mm hood to toe now ph34r.gif )
Boogie
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 23 2010, 09:15 AM) *
Quick follow-up...
After researching boots + price and shipping comparisons I ordered the Henderson Titanium H2 7mm Boots and Henderson H2 7mm gloves. Looks like good stuff: Henderson H2

Looks like good, high quality stuff! I've seen some split toed ones that look really uncomfortable. I think they were made for a sleestak or something.

WTG!

swizz
QUOTE (Boogie @ Jul 23 2010, 08:38 PM) *
I've seen some split toed ones that look really uncomfortable. I think they were made for a sleestak or something.

I've seen those type of boots also, just assumed they were to fit a type of fin setup.
and...
Although sleestacks appear to be reptilian, I don't believe they like water but your theory is still plausible.
russau
i get out to many spots/states and need different suits for warm/cold water. so i like to layer my suits for the water temp. i have a 3 mm full suit and a 7 mm step through shorty.boots/hood/and my own mutilayered gloves(cheapies) this way i can keep warm in most rivers/streams that i goto!id like to make my own wetsuit heater sometime but i dont really need it in most streams i goto!
Easygoer
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 23 2010, 09:15 AM) *
Quick follow-up...

Swizz,

How did the wetsuit, boots and gloves work out? I am looking for advice on a wetsuit for using in the Arkansas River in the summer. I was looking at Henderson wetsuits today.

Thanks

Easygoer
swizz
The Henderson suit was awesome. I think that 7mm was probably a little thick, could've gotten by with 5mm and it would have been much easier to put on and take off. The boots were excellent also. Gloves... they wear out fast no matter which brand. I sold the suit when I sold my dredge about 6 years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.