Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Highbanking at Vic's
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
CP
We would like to invite everyone to Vic's Gold Panning on Saturday May 29th.
A free day to do some highbanking and help Jesse (owner) to reclaim the old tromel ramp from the late 50's. This ramp was used for nearly 50 years and those old front end loaders were not any smoother than they are today...... :P :P
Every load that came to the tromel spilled a little on this ramp, you can find lots of flour gold and pickers up to a match head size have been found.
One woman last year found one the size of her fingernail... :o :D but I didn't get to see that one darn it! <_<

We will start about 9:30-10:00 am and we'll dig till we can't dig no more! rolleyes.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif
If ya don't have a highbanker....that's okay, we'll have a #2 ready and banker you can work on..... ;)
Come on up and have some fun! Vic's is just 1 mile below Blackhawk on Hwy 119.
Takes about 30 minutes to drive from Golden.

Hope to see ya there!

CP

Here are some pics from work on the ramp last season. Reclamation pics 03
gold_tutor
Too cool! So let me get this straight...you microsluice the carpet from your highbanker and these are your carpet results gold?

You two take the neatest pictures!!!!

Big or little, I love all gold in any kind o'riffles wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Pick&Shovel
Yeppers cya there!
Coalbunny
Just because of that offer, I'm getting my sluice box ready! Been thinking of bringing my DAM bowl as well, but since I have yet to use it, not sure if I oughta.
Carl
Redpaw
That Loader ramp would be mopped up in a weekend if QJ and MinerMike got ahold of it, those guys can move gravel like 18 years olds....They ran 40 buckets by lunch and another 30+ after a short break.....blink.gif blink.gif

Notice how the Puyallup mountain range in central washington is not on any map anymore?...my point exactly. laugh.gif :D laugh.gif :D laugh.gif
Pick&Shovel
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ May 20 2004, 11:12 PM)
Just because of that offer, I'm getting my sluice box ready!  Been thinking of bringing my DAM bowl as well, but since I have yet to use it, not sure if I oughta.
Carl

Go ahead and bring it Coalbunny...everything I'm bringing
there is getting it's maiden voyage too!
leonard
It's looking like the CCC, or at least part of us, may be there with #2's in hand. Sounds like a fun day.
Leonard
CP
laugh.gif laugh.gif
You all are too funny!
TY Megan, we'll make sure there are lots of pics this Saturday... :)
Glad to hear you folks will be there, looks like there will be quite a few people there.
We will have a grill there, so bring up some dogs or burgers if ya want to. ^_^

For anyone bringing a highbanker....BRING ALL YOUR HOSE! The ramp is not next to the water. There is a small pond just below the ramp that could feed one or two small units.
Good 10-12' elevation though to the top of the ramp.
We will be running the 3" from the main creek which will add to the water in the small pond. :D

Sure hope the weather holds out for us... :)

CP
Denise
Bill doesn't work on Saturdays so he got some highbanking in today. ^_^
Here is a pic of the gold he got from highbanking for about 3 hours.
Denise
Here is the gold Mike got from highbanking for about 1 1/2 hours. B)
The guys even think they found small platinum nuggets.
gold_tutor
Hi, Denise. Tell Mike I'll test their suspected platinum placer for 'im if he likes in exchange for taking some pictures of it if I prove it's platinum for him.

One time offer...
don't want to spend MY summer testing grey rocks for everyone for free laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif <_<
ME CO
See- with yellow like that to be had, knowing I could stay off my ankle and just sit there and watch NOT. Better I'm staying home haha. Have fun, Mark
Denise
We missed you Mark! :(
There was a great turnout though. Here are a few pics.
Denise
Everyone was working hard at the trommel ramp. B)
Denise
Shirley gave some panning lessons to some curious people who stopped to see what we were doing. :) She gave the 2 youngsters pans. That was very cool. B) Thanks Shirley!
Denise
Cris and his possy were working down below the trommel ramp. :D laugh.gif

Say hi to the camera guys! ^_^
Denise
Here is a pic of the gold that Glenn and his wife Carla found.
This was only about 1 hour of working the highbanker.
Denise
Here is the pic of some of the gold that Gat and I got from the ramp. :D
We got the biggest piece of the day. B) Or should I say I did since I'm keeping it. laugh.gif laugh.gif :P

I tried to get pics of everyones gold, but when it started to rain.....everyone started to leave. Good thing the day was over anyway. laugh.gif

Thanks for helping everyone. We did a great job, and we had a great time.
ME CO
Thanks for posting the pics, I hated to miss out. I will be at the rally though- (if I have to rent a wheelchair LOL). Mark
coargonaut
Leonard, Carky, Dave #2 and I showed up for a bit. Here was out take.

Ed
leonard
I added some more pictures at http://golddredger.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/206.html Thanks for the great time. I got some great video.
Leonard
Trilobite
REALLY?!

Thats to good an offer to pass up on tutor!
You can have as many pictures as you want if you can identify this stuff.
(just so long as i get it back in the end. laugh.gif lol ^_^ )

Thanks again tutor!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.