Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California SB 624
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
CP
Hey everyone,

Thought this article was of interest for those who've heard about the SB 624 proposed in California.
Currently this is being proposed to eliminate an "asbestos problem" (not proven) and with it's current wording will include all serpentine group minerals (20 different minerals). The author of the proposals clear lack of mineral knowledge is shown very well when you read through Justin's article.
For a great breakdown of the bill's changes since it's conception in 2/09 to now and how the science/geology should be viewed in reality, read the full article by Justin Zzyzx The-Vug.com - California SB 624 article
Justin owns and runs The-Vug.com (great site) and I know many of our readers here will find this information very useful in their personal responses as citizens participating in the law making procedures.
I give this article a big 2 thumbs up! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thank you Justin for taking the time to write and post this for everyone to learn from.

Good point from his write up .........
In our society when something is being pushed through the government that has few if any benefits for the citizen, there always something to be gained by the sponsors of the bill.

We can see that many of the sponsors listed on the bill are lawyers who specialize in asbestos litigation and groups representing the industrial workers who used refined industrial asbestos.

CP
Coalbunny
Interesting. I have an asbestos sample, and I ain't dead yet!

And you'll find there's a number of sites in Colorado where you can find the asbestos-group and related amphiboles.

And this will hit more than just the asbestos, but minerals occurring with the asbestos group such as vermiculite and talc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.