Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nature macro shots
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Denise
Nice pics Boogie. I especially like the first one. happy.gif What kind of camera are you using? Inquiring minds want to know. char098.gif
Boogie
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jun 28 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Nice pics Boogie. I especially like the first one. happy.gif What kind of camera are you using? Inquiring minds want to know. char098.gif

Thanks Mrs CP!

I used a SONY DVD Handycam with 40x optical and 2000x digital zoom. The strong point of this camera is that the zoom is incredible. Macro shots are taken from about 4 feet away from the subject which makes it nice. It's weak point is that the pictures that it takes are low res so they don't enlarge very well. Can't have everything I guess.

These two shots (below) illustrate the power of the 2000x zoom. The top picture is a shot of a buffalo ranch near one of our favorite fishin' holes. The picture below it is a zoomed shot of the buffalo (circled in red in the top picture). When zoomed in this much, it's very very difficult keeping the camera steady enough to take a pic (even with a tripod).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Denise
Very cool Boogie. Now thats a zoom in!! The pics of the bugs and flowers are always cool to see, especially zoomed into. bug_smiley.gif
Bugs dont bother me much, but just the thought of some kinds make my skin crawl. I took a pic of a tick the other day, but cant get the guts up to look at them to see if they turned out. blush.gif Big sucker too!!! Just the thought of looking at the pic of it and zooming into it. blink.gif

Plus, do I really want to encourage tick talk?
blink.gif stop.gif spock.gif giggle.gif laugh.gif
Crusty
Was going to start my own macro thread, but saw this one was already here... but it looks like the attachment links are broken.

My lovely wife just got me a Tokina 100mm 2.8 macro lens for my Nikon D300s. Still playing around with it, but I am pretty impressed by the capabilities of a dedicated macro lens (which also doubles as a great portrait lens)
Crusty
a small 1" ice plant flower

2 mountain mahogany seed pods

a very cool old railroad tie and barbed wire driven in to a rock in one of the old sandstone quarries in Red Rocks Open Space Area.

and a single mountain mahogany seed pod
Denise
Great pictures Crusty!! I really like the Ice Plant flower, beautiful colors! Very cool shot of the rail road spike in the rock, interesting marker! Looks like your on your way to some sweet shots with the new camera! char098.gif

Actually the pictures were removed by the original poster. sad.gif Thanks for adding some cool ones of yours in here for us to look at! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
Great shots!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.