Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fathers Day finds
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
Boogie
Got some metal detecting in today and the park gave up one of it's treasures.

It sounded off in the nickel/gold discriminator region. The stones appear to be Opal. Too bad one of them are missing.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Boogie
YellowFever
NICE! I think I need to break out the metal detector too!
Denise
Sweet find Boogie! Looks like a fresh white Opal and a cleaning will turn it back into the beauty it once was. signs021.gif Good job!
Boogie
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jul 4 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Sweet find Boogie! Looks like a fresh white Opal and a cleaning will turn it back into the beauty it once was. signs021.gif Good job!

Thanks Mrs. CP! Any tricks to cleaning it up or do I just use good ol' soap and water?

This poor old ring and I have one thing in common, we are both one stone short of a full mount.

Boogie
Denise
Good old soap and water would work just fine with an old tooth brush. Just make sure the water isnt too hot or cold as Opals dont like quick extreme temp changes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.