Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BP Oil Disaster
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Boogie
Being in Colorado, it's hard to totally grasp the seriousness of the oil disaster in the gulf, however sitting here tonight I can't help but wonder how long this will last and how bad will it really get?

What's the absolute worst? In my opinion, the absolute worst would be long term climate change on a global level unlike we have ever seen. From what I understand, little plants/critters in the ocean help regulate the climate. If the critters thrive on the spill, will that be good or bad? What if they all die off? Are we better technologically prepared for an ice age or would we fair better in 120+ temperatures EVERYWHERE?

What's it going to be like when a hurricane blows all the gloop onto the shores? Notice I didn't say "if". It's only a matter of time, and when the hurricane season starts, there WILL be a huge mess somewhere and it's going to be sickening. Maybe it won't happen this year, but the oil will be around awhile. Aren't they still cleaning up from the Valdez?

A historic time we are living in. Let's hope we're not all history.

Boogie
Coalbunny
Doesn't matter what we want, they're estimating 1.7 million gallons per day is leaking out. That is enough to fill a lake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.