Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After the rally
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Barney-mi
is anyone going prospeting after the rally? thinking of comming out
but don't know where to go after the rally. will be there for a week.
any input would be a great help. :)
Barney-mi blink.gif
russau
barney, leonard and a bunch of the guys are going up to douglas creek in wyoming . the dredge season starts july 1. and you would need a free permit. i think garry olson as a link here or over on the DEF site. nice spot. leonard took a lot of pics of their location. check it out. and i think if the drought is to bad they would go down to leonards claim on the arkasas river in buena vista above the gpaas arkansas group.
leonard
Barney. The Wyoming permit form is at

http://www.golddredger.com/forms/Wyoming19.pdf

You can fill it out using the info from the GPAA Claims guide for the claim locations. The permit is free. We plan on being up there from after the rally until about July 6th. At the rally we may decide to go directly to Douglas Creek or maybe down to the Arkansas at Buena Vista for a couple of days. This would probably be a group decision. If we go to the Arkansas you can get the necessary permit over the counter at Salida, about 20 miles from Buena Vista when we get there. That will cost $25.00 Just come on down. We will find a place for all of us to go one way or the other. Sorry I didn't get back to you on the phone. My schedule is kind of busy right now. If you need any further info, let me know.
Leonard
Barney-mi
Leonard if you could call me that would help alot. I leave for
work 12:30 pm eastern time thank's.could I get a permit over the counter
in wyoming? Barney-mi blink.gif
russau
barney, i think youcould do it all in a fax. i think that number is online at their site.
russau
thankyou leonard!
Barney-mi
Russ Leonard called this morning. he gave me the fax no. and every I
need to get the permit. see ya at the rally. :D
Barney-mi :)
CP
Wish I could make it up there too, but don't think the schedule is going to permit it.... :(

We are negotiating the use of several more private claims, so there is a good chance we'll be needing to do some testing and pictures...... :D
For those of you who will be hanging around Colorado for a few days after the rally, we'll keep ya posted. :)
I'll bet I can bring a few friends along.... better test results. ;)

CP
Coalbunny
When I come down there I wanna hit some Colorado sites. I live only a hunderd or so miles from the Douglas Creek area, so that isn't on my list of places to hit.

I'm looking for the roughest and the toughest terrain known to mankind! Hopefully it keeps everyone, but me and whoever my partner is, out of there!
Carl
leonard
I think that this area ought to qualify. We didn't find any gold but it is in the area.

Rough Country

Leonard
Coalbunny
I said rough terrain, Leonard! Not a trot through the tulips! lol!

Nah, j/k!

Yeah, that looks close to the roughness I was thinking of. I recall some years back I was just west of Georgetown. Now if you wanna talk ROUGH, that country has it! You've seen some of it, up towards Eisenhower though a bit south....
JoDeath
I will be dredging in the Granite and Buena Vista area after the Rally. I have a three inch dredge. Partners are welcome.
email me at

mdlee2000@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Mark
Coalbunny
E-mail sent, Mark!
Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.