Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock face
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
CP
Ok all you treasure hunting finatics, here is a cool rock we spotted recently and thought some of you might like to see it.
Marker or ? anyone.gif
It has an awefully smug look on it's face, maybe it's because it knows how cool the tresure goodies are? smile.gif

Click to view attachment
ASTROBLEME
WOW! Is that a "tailings" pile I see just below the side of the open mouth? Looks like someone has been digging there already...
swizz
HAHA... reminds me of that movie 'Night At The Museum'. Did you give him some gum?
Boogie
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jun 4 2010, 06:47 PM) *
WOW! Is that a "tailings" pile I see just below the side of the open mouth? Looks like someone has been digging there already...

That's a pile of tears because a bee stung him on his right eye and it's all swollen up.

Actually, it sort of appears like the tailings were dumped from over the top of the swollen eye. You can sort of see some residual material stuck to the eye lid.

Boogie
CP
I didn't get to go over and look any closer but it sure looks like dig tailings, could be from right there below the face or on top I'd guess.....or maybe some skinny fella' crawled in his throat and found some pot hole nuggets!
atomic.gif excited.gif

Funny Swizz, smiley-laughing021.gif Nope didn't have any gum on hand, but as we pulled away I thought I heard a low rumbled "Dumb dumbs".
laught16.gif

ASTROBLEME
I found this face on a rock while prospecting yesterday. Hmm...........? huh.gif

Click to view attachment
swizz
HAAA! It's the Ween Boognish!! You may have been in hippy country.
GB is gonna love this music017.gif
I know... Ween isn't really a hippy band and their country album is definitely one of my all-time favorite CDs.
Denise
biggrin.gif I have to agree with Swizz Johnny. That definately looks like it was drawn by a Ween fan. happy112.gif
Forestwalker
Heh its like looking at clouds. I'd say those two lines making up the eyes and mouth are areas of increased erosion due to it being weaker. Look at the rock to the right, it broke/eroded in the same spots and is missing its cap/forehead.

Perhaps some Easter islander found his way there and carved that lol.
CP
Good eye Forestwalker, I'd say you are right too both levels look to be weaker layers through that formation.
smile.gif
Gold_Barnstormer
I came across this herd of Boognish while hounding.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.