Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you guys do for Memorial Day?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Coalbunny
I put this in the wrong forum, so I deleted them from there and replacing the topic here (my apologies).

I hit up Camp Hale for half a day, picking up litter. I guess it doesn't really amount to much, but considering the success I've had in the past year, I'd have to say it's phenomenal.

3.55 miles total, and what was 4-1/2 bags of trash a year ago, was 1-1/2 bags this year.

I know in the past a fair number of "recreational prospectors" didn't seem to appreciate my work, but it was greatly appreciated by, not just the USFS, but the guys that actually prospect for a living. It gives a good image of us when we go out, prospect, and take out more than we brought in.

And right now our image is, I think, everything.

russau
thankyou Carl! i also try to make a habit of doing this when im out.
Denise
I deleted your previous posts as requested.

Good job Carl! We went to check out the area the club outing was going to be at this month, and while there we also picked up garbage. smile.gif We didnt pick up near as much as you did, but every bit helps. happy088.gif
swizz
That is outstanding! One of my prospecting locales is riddled with craters from someone (or several) detectorists who dug and just left the 3-4 foot deep holes scattered around the stream in NF. Obviously sloppy prospectors and litterbugs stand a chance at ruining it for responsible prospectors, miners, and other responsible outdoor users. I've been wanting to go there and spend a day refilling them. This thread is an inspiration, I need to do that.
Nice work Carl!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.