Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turtles = treasure
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
Boogie
I did a search for "Turtle" and didn't get any results. If this topic has already been mentioned/discussed, I apologize for
regurgitating this small but useful piece of information.

If you ever see a turtle shell sitting in a place it shouldn't be, or a depiction of a turtle carved into a rock, or anything else even slightly resembling a turtle while out exploring, START SEARCHING THE AREA! The turtle has historically been used as an indicator that a hidden treasure is nearby. Sometimes direction and distance from the turtle to the treasure could be determined by how the turtle was posed. The turtle image was mostly used by pirates as a treasure
indicator but I've read about it's use by old prospectors and bandits as well.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a message describing the what the different turtle poses indicate.

Boogie
CP
Very cool Boogie, I'd not heard this before. Yes please do post up some more, we'd all love to know about it for sure if we happen across one in the woods. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

CP
Boogie
Well, I can't find my notes! Luckly though, I was able to find the source of the information :

http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/turtle.html

Boogie
russau
i have Hawkeyes feild manual but thankyou for posting this link! i saved it to my favorites!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.