I just discovered this morning that I've been chasing a rainbow for the past few years.

A few years ago, as a gift, I received a book named "Secrets Of The Alchemist Dar". This is a book of cryptic, artistic, drawings that if somehow you could cypher them, the clues could lead you to rings made of very rare gems that were hidden as part of a massive treasure hunt. The cream of the crop was a red diamond ring said to be worth $1M. It was a great past time for an armchair treasure hunter such as myself.

http://www.luxist.com/tag/secrets+of+the+alchemist+dar/

Apparently, either the rings never made it to the hunt and were put up for auction and the treasure hunt called off. I should have researched this a LONG TIME AGO! DOH! Oh well, it kept me entertained during the winter months so I guess the book served it's purpose.

Not much of an incentive trying to find a treasure that doesn't exist but I may still try to cypher the extremely cryptic clues. It would have been nice if they would have at least replaced the rings with an "I owe you a beer" voucher to keep the hunt alive.

Boogie