Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REFORM OF THE 1872 MINING LAW PROS AND CONS
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
Mineral Estate Grantee
REFORM OF THE 1872 MINING LAW PROS AND CONS
http://myplace.frontier.com/~jocoeco/miningtownhall.htm
Mineral Estate Grantee
Reminder...1872 MINING LAW PROS AND CONS TOWN HALL Meeting info
http://myplace.frontier.com/~jocoeco/index.htm
Mineral Estate Grantee
Email recieved today 05/25:

Pardon me I met to get this out to you.

Guenter

Greetings to everyone,

We have the Mining Town Hall: "Reform of the 1872 Mining Law Pro & Con" staged and set for tomorrow Tuesday, May 25th. I have included several pieces of information below along with the format information of the meeting. Siskiyou Project and KS Wild have chosen not to participate on the Panel, but are invited to attend the forum.

Jill Talise and I (Guenter Ambron) will be expressing the concern for withdrawal as indicated with the resolution submitted to the Board of Josephine County Commissioners on Dec. 9th, 2009 (Drafted by Barbara Ullian and submitted by Guenter to the commissioners ).

We are still seeking some one else who can present the Pro reform or withdrawal position on the panel. We invite anyone who wishes to express their concerns on mining practices and issues to attend. Also feel free just to be an observer. If you know of anyone who has had any type of experience with mining issues or has concerns forward this email to them. We will have an active hour for audience participation between 7 and 8:30pm.

A special thanks to everyone who has taken time to support this forum. It is a good beginning for our communities to move closer together to better understand each other and the issues at hand. I visited the South West Mining Association's meeting on May 7th and they are a good group. They are much more environmentally aware than some people give them credit for. They were the first settler communities to occupy these territories, and they have evolved since then, and are now proactively studying the laws and mining regulations with their community. Ron Gibson and Hal Anthony are on the forefront to understanding, educating and applying these laws and supporting sound practices for miners. Their concern is also for the broader community, our sovereignty as free people and our constitutional rights. Let's listen, share our stories and concerns, and work together on solutions.

The more we can meet to support our common welfare the less government we will need to rely upon to manage our affairs. Many of the major harms we see are with large corporate companies using the rights of the people to secure big profits. Wealth over welfare is a common them today.

Joel King just retired district ranger (Wild Rivers District) will be joining us and share his experience and knowledge in working with the agency and our communities.

We cordially welcome you to join us. At the end of the meeting we will solicit the audience for future topics for consideration at Town Halls.

Review the information below.

Thanks for taking time to read this, May your day be all it can be a
and find you smiling back at it.

Blessings,

Guenter
Mineral Estate Grantee

On November 24th 2009 the Josephine County Board of Commissioners decided to adopt a resolution drafted by local mining industry officials to oppose withdrawal from filing new claims under the 1872 mining law. A vote of 2-1 occurred. Our concern (I.V.C.M.E.) is that the proceedings lacked adequate notice and input from local businesses, land owners and citizens on the subject. This dicision representing the County's position has motivated us to ask that the mining law issue be covered in a citizens forum. In October of 2009 a Mining Town Hall was held at the Anne Basker called, Mining Past, Present, & Future. It's focus was nearly exclusive to the miner's concerns, law, and regulations. SELECT: GP MINERS TOWN HALL to view the meeting from RVTVs web site.

In response the County Commissioners approved the Town Hall Meeting titled "Reform of the 1872 Mining Law Pro & Con'. The intent by IVCME is to view it from a wider range of perspectives. The Town Hall was held May 25th but attempts to schedule Panelists from local environmental groups, the Forest Service and BLM failed, leaving the panel inadequate to form a debate pro and con on withdrawal or reform. An excellent presentation was though provided on history, laws, claim rights and reformability of the 1872 law. We will provide a link to the Town Hall from RVTV as soon as it is posted.

Our (mostly me) objective at this point is to continue attempts to support and expand dialog between environmental and mining groups, land management agencies, the Illinois Valley and Josephine Co. communities. All who feel they have something at steak.

Our approach has shifted from the environmental groups perspective to one more central after a deeper review provided by the mining community's top researchers and the evidence of law bearing on the issues at hand (with out diminish to the the findings of facts regarding environmental issues).

I will be updating these pages as things progress.

Thanks to you all for your research and findings.

Guenter Ambron

Select: Nov. 24th BCC Meeting to download a recording of the Commissioner Meeting.
If you haven't read the articles in the Illinois Valley News then check out these links:
IV News- 12/02/09 "BCC Oppose Mining Ban"
IV News- 12/16/09 "IV Groups for Withdrawal"

Ghost Miner
QUOTE (Mineral Estate Grantee @ May 26 2010, 05:35 PM) *

On November 24th 2009 the Josephine County Board of Commissioners decided to adopt a resolution drafted by local mining industry officials to oppose withdrawal from filing new claims under the 1872 mining law. A vote of 2-1 occurred. Our concern (I.V.C.M.E.) is that the proceedings lacked adequate notice and input from local businesses, land owners and citizens on the subject. This dicision representing the County's position has motivated us to ask that the mining law issue be covered in a citizens forum. In October of 2009 a Mining Town Hall was held at the Anne Basker called, Mining Past, Present, & Future. It's focus was nearly exclusive to the miner's concerns, law, and regulations. SELECT: GP MINERS TOWN HALL to view the meeting from RVTVs web site.

In response the County Commissioners approved the Town Hall Meeting titled "Reform of the 1872 Mining Law Pro & Con'. The intent by IVCME is to view it from a wider range of perspectives. The Town Hall was held May 25th but attempts to schedule Panelists from local environmental groups, the Forest Service and BLM failed, leaving the panel inadequate to form a debate pro and con on withdrawal or reform. An excellent presentation was though provided on history, laws, claim rights and reformability of the 1872 law. We will provide a link to the Town Hall from RVTV as soon as it is posted.

Our (mostly me) objective at this point is to continue attempts to support and expand dialog between environmental and mining groups, land management agencies, the Illinois Valley and Josephine Co. communities. All who feel they have something at steak.

Our approach has shifted from the environmental groups perspective to one more central after a deeper review provided by the mining community's top researchers and the evidence of law bearing on the issues at hand (with out diminish to the the findings of facts regarding environmental issues).

I will be updating these pages as things progress.

Thanks to you all for your research and findings.

Guenter Ambron

Select: Nov. 24th BCC Meeting to download a recording of the Commissioner Meeting.
If you haven't read the articles in the Illinois Valley News then check out these links:
IV News- 12/02/09 "BCC Oppose Mining Ban"
IV News- 12/16/09 "IV Groups for Withdrawal"

Could it be that there is no debatable "pros" to the currently proposed mining law reform? The fact that no one from the environmental groups, Forest Service, or BLM participated on the panel indicates that they were not comfortable debating the issue successfully. So, for the record in Josephine county, there are no "pros" to mining law reform.

Such a situation also indicates that the methods being employed by Ron Gibson and Hal Anthony are at least somewhat effective. Why would the environmental groups, the Forest Service, and the BLM all pass up the opportunity for some good publicity to further their agenda? Could it be that they do not want publicity? Or maybe they only want publicity in a closed forum. I would suggest that they were not comfortable with debating some of the other panel members. Ron and Hal, maybe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.