Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics: Fossil & Mineral Show
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Fossil Finds, Processes, Adventures and Outings
swizz
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a bit.. been kinda busy. GB & I made it down to the Fossil & Mineral Show in Denver recently. This was my first show. I was surprised at how many people were there. I would have preferred a more wide-open venue as the rooms tended to get pretty crowded and I'm a bit claustrophobic. I walked around and took a lot of pictures UNTIL I realized that there was no memory card in my camera! atomic.gif bash.gif
So.... I took out the Droid and took these pics (camera phone actually worked pretty well). Not pictured are the items that I bought - I'll add them later. I scored some really cool stuff! I think the final show day is probably the best for getting discounts. Anyway, here are some Droid pics and I'll add pics of what I bought later. Great show!!!! I'll definitely be hitting the next one if it's in driving range.

Nice fossilized sculls... in hindsight, I wish I'd have bought one of them

Ammonite

Some calcite hearts for Mrs CP

Being a Yooper... I spent a lot of time admiring the Copper

... and more crystals, druzies, and geodes than you could shake a stick at

CP
We are all glad you didn't get lost in all the work lately. biggrin.gif

No memory card?!! Doh doh!! I hate it when that happens. bash.gif

The pics you got with the phone camera looked very nice, I really like the copper specimens too, those are always impressive.

Thanks for sharing the pics, sounds like you guys had a great time at the show. I know what you mean about the dealers rooms away from the main floor, they do tend to crowd up at times which makes it difficult to browse the show cases. I bet there were some real eye catchers at just about every booth you visited. happy088.gif

Coalbunny
I picked up a 2 gb SD ram chip for $7.99 at Wal Mart.
Denise
Great pics from the show Swizz! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Your show update has been the only one I have been able to find on the net.
The Ammonites are always cool to see. I agree with the Copper specimens!! Those huge flat ones for hanging on the wall blow me away. Guess fellow yoopers think alike? laugh.gif It amazes me how cheep they sell those hearts for too. I know hands on how much hard work goes into them, even if using softer material like Calcite. The rooms at the show had me all tensed up also last time I went. Its the amount of people in one room that gets me. wacko.gif I do much better in a dig hole. biggrin.gif

So If GB went with you, where are his pics of the show? unsure.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif
If you have more pictures Swizz, we would love to see them. Like I said, your report of the show this year has been the only one I have seen online so far. happy088.gif

Thanks for sharing with us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.