Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Highbanker
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
YellowFever
I did a little more work on my highbanker today! check it out and see what you think.
RichDColorado
OK - You have my attention on this project. What are you doing? Dimensions, specs, etc? So far all my prospecting has been manual labor with bucket and sluice, but have been thinking it's time to automate and mechanize the material moving process for more AU return.
YellowFever
Well I went big on this one! heheheh my idea is that I want to be able to really run some material with no problems of overloading! its 16" wide and 6' long! the sides are 6" tall. I have a 3"x3" pump to supply the water to it after I make the spray bars! I put the wheels on it so that it can be moved from truck to site easy as pie! heheh I will be building the support legs later this week and i will post pictures of that when its done.

I think that I have a total of about $80 to $90 in the project other then the pump that I got for $200
RichDColorado
Nice - good sized, too. Sounds like the Binford 6200 Super Sluice - arg, arg, arg. Keep the pix coming as you make progress. The work looks very good. Did you do the welding, bending, etc?
YellowFever
all the work is done by me, myself and I! hehehehe

I guess im a good handy man! lol

I will post more pictures when I do some more work.
CP
That's a great start it looks like, nice work!
We'll all be looking forward to the updates as it progresses and the test run with pictures of course. char098.gif Keep us posted. signs021.gif

CP
russau
looks like itll do the job in spades! but i think you went to big on the pump. a 2 inch pump would do the job! but the $$ you spent on it is GOOD. you can always valve/throttel it down to what you need. but how big/heavy is that pump? theres where i have a problem with my equipment. im getting old and lazy!
YellowFever
the pump that I got is very light and has wheels just like you see in the picture! I will post a picture of it next time.
rogerpjr
I don't see any duct tape! This can't be an official man project without duct tape.
russau
after looking at your pictures, i think i might modify my miller table to add wheels. the slate material has added lots of weight to it!
spud
Hi good folks I thought i would share my Aussie Banjo with all of you !!Click to view attachment
spud
Click to view attachment
spud
Click to view attachment
spud
Click to view attachment

a recent trip with the Banjo netted 1 1/2 oz of fine gold
russau
ya just cant argue with those results!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.