Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver Recovery
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
YellowFever
I got a call today about some used x-ray film that is being stored, this is the type of film that has silver in it!!!! I can get a lot of this for free, and I am considering taking this if i can recover the silver in a way that is economical and environmentally friendly! any ideas?
russau
my father was a Dr. and had lots of xray solution and he used a elecrical device that looked like a coffee warmer that set into the solution and attracted the chemicals onto its electrod rod. then after a set time you scraped the black composit off and sent it off to be smelted. he had after years of doing this several small silver bars that he ended up selling.i wish i still had 1 of them as a memory to my father. he passed away in 85.
YellowFever
Sorry to here that, I will be keeping some of my gold finds to pass on, I think that to often we dont keep something to remember the good things in life!!

Your father was getting the silver out of the fixer solution, I want to extract the silver from the used film, I know that there is less silver in the film but we are talking about a lot of film that I can get my hands on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.