Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEST DAY AT THE ARGO!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
CP
We thought it would be fun to have a test day over at the Argo. :o :o :)

We can shoot for 5/8 or 5/15, both Saturdays....... What does everyone think?
I told Bob over at the Argo I would straighten up a few things there so we could use a little help that day too. Shouldn't take long though then we'll hit the creek. <_<

laugh.gif :P laugh.gif ;) YEP, I'm trying to sucker a couple of ya into some wo*k..... rolleyes.gif

Bring out the family and let em take the Argo tour. They have some pretty cool stuff in there.

Well.......it'll be a fun day anyway..... ^_^
Let us know which Saturday would be best for those of you that are close enough.
We'll take pics for everyone who can't get there....... :P :P

The Argo doesn't let anyone prospect the creek normally so this is a special invite for the day we test. Should at least be some great flood gold there since folks haven't been workin it. ^_^
Maybe the owners will start letting folks prospect there after the rally and the great demos!

CP
leonard
I like the 15th. I can't make it this weekend.
Leonard
russau
heck i wish i lived closer! id be there both weekends!
coargonaut
So?
What's the verdict?
8th or 15th?

Ed
Denise
Looks like its going to be the 15th everyone. ;) :D B)
jmann
Dont forget that browne gal. :D jmann
DKP
What time will everyone start arriving??
Denise
It's about 8:30 now, and we are loading the truck! B)
We should be there around 9:30 or so. We hope to see everyone there!
:D
Here is a link to the Argo, you will find directions there.
http://www.historicargotours.com/

Hey Leonard and Ed....are you guys coming? ^_^

Denise
:)
Denise
Here are some pictures from yesterday.
Here is a pic of us doing a little cleaning up around the Argo. :)
Denise
The weather was kind of cold with the bree, but they got in the water anyway. :o
Denise
Larry, Shirley, Troy and his son were there. Larry and Shirley set up their homemade
highbanker combo. It was very cool, and it did the job well. :D ;)
Denise
Here is one of Mike tending, Gat dredging, and rafters floating by............ ph34r.gif
:D :P
Denise
Here is one of Darryl long arming with our combo unit. I think he's hooked! :D B)
He seemed to be having fun.
Denise
At the end of the day, they cleaned out their cons.
Mike showed up with his friend Dan to see the yellow revealed. :)
It was a great day, and we had a great time.
jmann
Do you have a pic of the yellow. :) jmann
CP
We'll have to ask DKP to get a pic of the 3" combo finds. He ran the 3" the whole time so he has the gold from that box.
Larry and Shirley had their homemade 2" combo running about an hour and had some gold also. NICE WORK ON THE HIGHBANKER GUYS!
And we are still playing with the cons from the 4" so we'll get a pic of that later today.... . <_<
Headed out to the claim this morning though..... :D :P ^_^

CP
Denise
Not only do you get a brownie jmann, but here is some frosting........... :D :P
This is from Gats cons.

YUMMMMM! :D

Now off to our claim we go!! B)
jmann
:o Neat looking frosting I can almost taste it. :D jmann
CP
I would like to say THANK YOU to all the Colorado Prospector members who showed up to help clean up a bit at the Argo on Saturday. That was a big help.
Then we all got to play in the creek before it started raining in the afternoon. :(
It was also Idaho Springs' clean up day and they had two fighters do a fly by at about 300 or 400 feet buzzin the creek..... :D That was pretty neat.

Everyone found a little gold no matter where they were on the creek. B) B)

Gat punched down about 3 1/2 ft in just under two hours of running and found some hard pack!.... ;) YAAAHOOOOO!
He had that 4" rippin'! :D ;)

Thanks everyone, was a great day!

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.